+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

I hit one of the events when Elliot came home. That was so much fun and worth the crowds! And such an exciting time for Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I have been to Lake Benson Park when my school had its faculty picnic there. It's big, flat, and open, and there seemed to be lots of parking. But 30,000 people? I don't think that many people actually live in Garner...
    Well, they are predicting rain for Saturday. It is this Saturday right? We are supposed to be there by noon. You can bring your own coolers, drinks, etc. I plan to attend, but I just worry I'm going to get trapped in traffic either entering or leaving and have to sit for many hours.

Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh and only 20 minuets away, holds up to 60,000. I think that would be a better option, but I guess Lake Jordan is prettier. The RBC center only holds 19,000, and there is so much traffic. I just think the Garner people do not understand how much manpower they need for that big of a crowd.

If it's raining, I may not go. I'm sure most people in Garner would show up, no matter what.

FORT Newbie

The Town of Garner holds their annual July 4th celebration at Lake Benson each year. Not sure the exact number of folks that typically attend, but 30,000 sounds high. Agree with Debb70, hope the town is prepared.

Garner Magnet High School (Scotty's school) is holding their Prom Saturday night. I'm sure this will limit the number of high school girls in attendance at Lake Benson since they will be going to nail and hair appointments. Wonder if Scotty will be allowed to stop by the Prom?

Here's to hoping that Scotty makes it into the Top 3!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pir8lady View Post
    Garner Magnet High School (Scotty's school) is holding their Prom Saturday night. I'm sure this will limit the number of high school girls in attendance at Lake Benson since they will be going to nail and hair appointments. Wonder if Scotty will be allowed to stop by the Prom?
    Oh my!! That would be wonderful TV -- is Scotty a senior? Not sure why, but I always got the impression that he was just a junior. That would be a tough call for the school administrators. They may not want to up-end the prom for the seniors. Who knows??

All I can say is to you "locals" -- GO and have fun in the Idol festivities!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-10-2011 at 09:49 PM.

FORT Newbie

Yes, Scotty is a junior. The Prom is for Juniors and Seniors, hadn't thought about taking the focus off the Seniors, good point. Hope the potential rain doesn't keep folks away, should be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I hope that you get to participate in all the festivities! I remember very well the same situation here when one of my former students was in the same position. It will make you think differently about the show, and you will realize how very confined, yet sheltered, the kids are. It flies by in mere minutes so be sure not to blink too many times!!

How cool that you were able to experience AI from a more personal perspective! Can you tell us more about the bolded part? How did you think differently about the show after your experience? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Carter-Finley Stadium in Raleigh and only 20 minuets away, holds up to 60,000. I think that would be a better option, but I guess Lake Jordan is prettier. The RBC center only holds 19,000, and there is so much traffic. I just think the Garner people do not understand how much manpower they need for that big of a crowd.
    I would guess that Garner wants the attention -- wants to be "put on the map", so to speak. It's great publicity for their nice little town. They don't want to be seen as just part of Raleigh, but as a small town alternative to Raleigh.

Thank you, Scotty. I have been down in the dumps lately and for the last two performance shows the twinkle in your eyes has put a smile on my face.

I don't know where JLo wants you to go as we've seen your balladeer side and your bouncy fun side...how many sides can one person have?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I thought Scotty did well with his first song choice. I wasn't too thrilled with his second song to be honest. Nonetheless, I still see him winning this season.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

For what it's worth. Some people will sneer, I don't know...

Clay Aiken offers insight on Garner 'Idol' hopeful :: WRAL.com

+ Reply to Thread