+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Scotty reminds me of another North Carolinian, who was a big country singer in the 70's and 80's, named Randy Travis.

Here's a link. The voice is even similar.

YouTube - Randy Travis - Diggin Up Bones
    Yeah, I loved Randy Travis, and I'm not even much of a country fan...

Here's a link to an article from our local newspaper today about Garner getting ready for a possible hometown visit for Scotty. I love Garner! It's a nice town full of nice people.

[Go ahead and tell us again, TeacherLady, about how you work in Garner... ]

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Yeah, I loved Randy Travis, and I'm not even much of a country fan...

Here's a link to an article from our local newspaper today about Garner getting ready for a possible hometown visit for Scotty. I love Garner! It's a nice town full of nice people.

[Go ahead and tell us again, TeacherLady, about how you work in Garner... ]
    Since you didn't include the link, I tried to find it for you, but searches of Garner NC newspaper and Garner NC news didn't provide any information that I could find.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Since you didn't include the link, I tried to find it for you, but searches of Garner NC newspaper and Garner NC news didn't provide any information that I could find.
    It was in the Raleigh paper, the News and Oberserver. I did did a quick search, but couldn't find that particular article. However, here is a link to another article in the N&O, so if you are interested, maybe you can do some looking.

Happiness is a warm TV - Scotty Watch: And the Final Four are ... | newsobserver.com blogs
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Boy, I am really losin' it! Promising you a link and then not even putting it in. The Garner, NC paper is a weekly. Garner is a bedroom community south of and closely linked to Raleigh, which is where I live, even though (are you ready?) I work in Garner...

So the article comes from the Raleigh News & Observer.

Article: Garner spruces up and plans for Scotty's return - Scotty Watch - NewsObserver.com

Boy, I am really losin' it! Promising you a link and then not even putting it in. The Garner, NC paper is a weekly. Garner is a bedroom community south of and closely linked to Raleigh, which is where I live, even though (are you ready?) I work in Garner...

Article: Garner spruces up and plans for Scotty's return - Scotty Watch - NewsObserver.com
    ...Watkins said he has been in touch with officials in Conway, Ark., hometown of Kris Allen, a previous "American Idol" winner. They gave good tips about how to pull off a celebration on such short notice, he said.

Perhaps their best advice: "'Tell the police their biggest problem will be 11-year-old girls,'" Watkins said.
    I love the last quote in the article...so true.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

I hope that you get to participate in all the festivities! I remember very well the same situation here when one of my former students was in the same position. It will make you think differently about the show, and you will realize how very confined, yet sheltered, the kids are. It flies by in mere minutes so be sure not to blink too many times!!
    Last edited by Tammi; 05-08-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: missed a comma

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I hope that you get to participate in all the festivities! I remember very well the same situation here when one of my former students was in the same position. It will make you think differently about the show, and you will realize how very confined, yet sheltered, the kids are. It flies by in mere minutes so be sure not to blink too many times!!
    I've been thinking maybe I should go to one of the Scotty events, like the concert at Lake Benson Park -- but I live in Raleigh, 20 miles from Garner, and huge crowds are not my thing at all.

I've never met Scotty ot his family -- my closest connection is that I know a few folks who do know them, and they say they are really nice, solid, involved Garner citizens. I may settle for watching the coverage on local TV, and posting links from wral.com here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Yes, it does make a difference when the contestants are from your area. I was VERY excited when Clay Aiken was in the finals and Fantasia. I live in Raleigh and do plan to attend the hometown celebration if Scotty is in the finals.

IT's going to be so crowded and crazy, but I really want to go and show my support. I wish they would have it somewhere there is a lot of room so you can park and not be in traffic for many hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, it does make a difference when the contestants are from your area. I was VERY excited when Clay Aiken was in the finals and Fantasia. I live in Raleigh and do plan to attend the hometown celebration if Scotty is in the finals.

IT's going to be so crowded and crazy, but I really want to go and show my support. I wish they would have it somewhere there is a lot of room so you can park and not be in traffic for many hours.
    I have been to Lake Benson Park when my school had its faculty picnic there. It's big, flat, and open, and there seemed to be lots of parking. But 30,000 people? I don't think that many people actually live in Garner...

FORT Fan

I promise you -- it's worth it, and I am remembering from season #1!!!! Has been a thrill of a lifetime! Not to mention a movie premiere!!

+ Reply to Thread