+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 57 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Wow! Scotty's energy on that first song was THROUGH THE ROOF! Just what he needed. Dancing with the devil, indeed!
    Count your blessings!

Sorry, but his second song was drab & dreary.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It never was an exciting song even when it was song by Willie. The essence in that song is in its meaning.

There probably are more powerful songs from the 60s he could have chosen.

He did show me a lot of showmanship on the first song. He worked the stage, especially for a 16? year-old kid.

The girls love him. Someone called him a cross between Alred E Newman and Howdy Doody. He's not hot. He's just an all American kid who has a lot of charm and a great voice. I love those low notes!
    I'm with Cheryl. He is going to take Nashville by storm.
    When she sings with him, that will help him, too...
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I loved his first number, but the second song was off key IMO. It didn't seem like he tries to hit the notes very hard. I wish he would.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It is no matter who sings it. I thought he sounded good.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Like many, I thought Scotty's first song was great and I could tell how much fun he was having.. for me it was the perfect stage performance But, I've never really been a fan of Always on My Mind, I find it boring and mundane but Scotty did ok with an ok song.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

I thought Scotty did well with both song selections. In fact, I thought he did the best last night vocally.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    Like many, I thought Scotty's first song was great and I could tell how much fun he was having.. for me it was the perfect stage performance But, I've never really been a fan of Always on My Mind, I find it boring and mundane but Scotty did ok with an ok song.
    This is how I felt as well. When ever I hear Always on My Mind, I turn the station lol. Willie Nelson is not for me musically to start with. Loved Scotty's first song though. He was having a blast and took us all along for the ride with him.

To the Point

I watch him and smile. He was having such a good time and he did a really good job vocally. Some of his movements with the arms and hands just are so him, but really they do have a bit of a hip-hop attitude (that's the closest I can come to describing what I see) and it just isn't typical of what I would expect to see coming from someone singing their little country heart out, yet it worked.

Just my little observation, in my little world.

Scotty reminds me of another North Carolinian, who was a big country singer in the 70's and 80's, named Randy Travis.

Here's a link. The voice is even similar.

YouTube - Randy Travis - Diggin Up Bones

+ Reply to Thread