+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Since Scottie sat for a good half hour on the couch already knowing the good news, I wonder if that was a "reward" for having been the top vote getter

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Since Scottie sat for a good half hour on the couch already knowing the good news, I wonder if that was a "reward" for having been the top vote getter
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was true. I've seen tons of buzz about him everywhere I read/post.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    That was my thought. I think the first 3 were the top 3 in any order.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I understand he sings other genres, but I didn't watch the interview so don't know what they said. Frankly, he needs to keep doing what he loves and what he's good at. If he has a career, I would say its in Nashville, so why not show what he has? Doesn't need to win Idol to have a career doing what he loves (which also goes for all of them).

I agree. I hate it when Idol makes a singer sing something totally away from his or her preferred genre then slams them because they don't do it well.

Let him do country. If he has a career, I have a feeling that is where it will be.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I think it will be interesting to see how he fares in other genres. He's a country singer through and through... that makes him a stand-out on AI... but on Nashville Star (is that show still around??) he'd have MUCH tougher competition.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

^^^ Nashville Star is defunct.

I have heard there will not be crazy themed weeks. If that is the case, I think Scotty's challenge will be not sounding exactly the same every week. Those of us who are not familiar with genres won't be able to tell the difference. Some contestants suffer from doing the same thing over and over while others do not. While I am not excited about Scotty, I am interested to see how he will change up his performances.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Thanks for the info about Nashville Star. Not surprised it's gone.

No crazy themed weeks? Oh say it isn't so I LIVE for those crazy themed weeks bwaaaaaaaahahahaha! I mean, watching Carrie Underwood in black leather trying to cover Pat Benatar's Love Is A Battlefield was almost as priceless as watching Clay Aiken, wearing a red leather jacket and singing Franki Valli's "Grease".

Seriously if there's no theme weeks most of these contestants will have to put in effort to stay fresh. It will be hard to "take chances" while "staying true to yourself" and not get the boot.

I love AI

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I have heard there will not be crazy themed weeks. If that is the case, I think Scotty's challenge will be not sounding exactly the same every week. Those of us who are not familiar with genres won't be able to tell the difference. Some contestants suffer from doing the same thing over and over while others do not. While I am not excited about Scotty, I am interested to see how he will change up his performances.
    WHAT no themed weeks! I was wanting Rick Springfield night!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    No crazy themed weeks? Oh say it isn't so I LIVE for those crazy themed weeks bwaaaaaaaahahahaha! I mean, watching Carrie Underwood in black leather trying to cover Pat Benatar's Love Is A Battlefield was almost as priceless as watching Clay Aiken, wearing a red leather jacket and singing Franki Valli's "Grease".
    John Stevens singing salsa music!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread