+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Maybe I have a little red neck in me, because I like the song he did last week. Oh well, he could have picked a more dramatic song, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. Oh well, .....lol

Let's hope he picks a great song this week. If the votes are there for him, then I think he'll be okay. I would like to see him grow as an artist week to week and perhaps, Swingin' didn't show that. (I never knew anyone but John Anderson did that song either.)
    I liked it too, it was fun. Sure it wasn't a WOW moment, but maybe he'll find one this week. I didn't know anyone other than John Anderson ever did it either. Will have to look up the LeAnn Rimes version one of these days.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Will have to look up the LeAnn Rimes version one of these days.
    YouTube - LeAnn Rimes - Swingin - Official Video
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I liked it too, it was fun. Sure it wasn't a WOW moment, but maybe he'll find one this week.
    I think Scotty had his WOW! moment last night. That was IMO the best thing he's ever done. He took the notes he was given last week, paid attention, and made changes in his mike-holding style, facial expressions, and above all, song choice. He needed great, not just "fun" this week, and he delivered! Bravo, Scotty!

I agree, Teacherlady. Great job. His phrasing was marvelous and he really brought out the beauty of the Carole King song--something few others could do last night. And thank God he held the mic like a normal person.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I must have a hearing problem or bad taste, because I didn't care for his performance last night. I thought it was his worst night ever. Oh well, I'm glad everyone else liked him. He's one of my favorites and I would like for him to win, so I'm happy.

Thanks. It's pretty funny. I can see how he thought it might be a good number based on the dancing in the video. LeAnn is rather funny trying to be sexy though. LOL Anyway, I bet Scottie didn't even know John Anderson released that song many years ago.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I agree TeacherLady. He definitely had his moment last night. Loved his performace.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I must have a hearing problem or bad taste, because I didn't care for his performance last night. I thought it was his worst night ever. Oh well, I'm glad everyone else liked him. He's one of my favorites and I would like for him to win, so I'm happy.
    I agree, I thought it was one of his worst performances as well. He's getting way too cheesy for me. I like Scotty, but I don't think he should win, although he probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree, I thought it was one of his worst performances as well. He's getting way too cheesy for me. I like Scotty, but I don't think he should win, although he probably will.
    I liked his performance, but I'm sorry they're steering Scotty away from using his deep voice. That's what I really liked about him in the beginning.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I'm one that really enjoyed Scotty last night. I don't know that they're really steering him away from the deep voice but rather showcasing that he can sing in an upper register also, which I think he does just as well. My favorite performances are the ones where's he's able to do both

eta: I just watched his audition video and, imho, he's improved sooooo much!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread