+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Next week, what do you all think of Scotty singing "Smackwater Jack"?
    I LOVE that song. I can't picture Scotty singing it, but he does pretty good with the story songs, so maybe.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Speaking of Alan Jackson.... he still looks pretty darn good in a hat.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I LOVE that song. I can't picture Scotty singing it, but he does pretty good with the story songs, so maybe.
    And that's exactly why I thought of it, because it's a story song.

There's also one called "Way Over Yonder" that might appeal to Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    And that's exactly why I thought of it, because it's a story song.

There's also one called "Way Over Yonder" that might appeal to Scotty.
    GREAT song. I had figured Jacob would select this one because it has a spiritual vibe to it. I don't care who does it, I just want someone to do it justice. It's a wonderful song.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    GREAT song. I had figured Jacob would select this one because it has a spiritual vibe to it. I don't care who does it, I just want someone to do it justice. It's a wonderful song.
    Great point. Probably the most applicable song for Jacob.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Scotty will have a career whether he wins or not so I would like to see someone else in the number one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Scotty will have a career whether he wins or not so I would like to see someone else in the number one spot.
    This could apply for several of the contestants, though. I still want to see Scotty at least in the finale last two standing, preferably with him winning.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

His "Swingin" was one of the worst performances of the season!! What a horrible song, and witha theme of 21st century songs, why did he go back and pick a 30 year old John Anderson song?? I didn't even know Leann Rhimes remade it, did Leann really sing about sitting on a swing with a pretty girl named Charlotte?

And Scotty had started to tone down the eyebrow theatrics in the last month, but last week they were back in full force, I thought they were going to jump off his forehead and do their own solo dance on stage, lol. I'm not so sure Scotty is the shoo-in that people are making him out to be, the last 2 weeks have not been positive for him, and I think he is losing fans.

FORT Fan

My guess is that a quick trip to the bottom three will raise Scotty's level of concern.

Maybe I have a little red neck in me, because I like the song he did last week. Oh well, he could have picked a more dramatic song, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. Oh well, .....lol

Let's hope he picks a great song this week. If the votes are there for him, then I think he'll be okay. I would like to see him grow as an artist week to week and perhaps, Swingin' didn't show that. (I never knew anyone but John Anderson did that song either.)

+ Reply to Thread