+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Next week, what do you all think of Scotty singing "Smackwater Jack"?
    I LOVE that song. I can't picture Scotty singing it, but he does pretty good with the story songs, so maybe.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Speaking of Alan Jackson.... he still looks pretty darn good in a hat.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I LOVE that song. I can't picture Scotty singing it, but he does pretty good with the story songs, so maybe.
    And that's exactly why I thought of it, because it's a story song.

There's also one called "Way Over Yonder" that might appeal to Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    And that's exactly why I thought of it, because it's a story song.

There's also one called "Way Over Yonder" that might appeal to Scotty.
    GREAT song. I had figured Jacob would select this one because it has a spiritual vibe to it. I don't care who does it, I just want someone to do it justice. It's a wonderful song.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    GREAT song. I had figured Jacob would select this one because it has a spiritual vibe to it. I don't care who does it, I just want someone to do it justice. It's a wonderful song.
    Great point. Probably the most applicable song for Jacob.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Scotty will have a career whether he wins or not so I would like to see someone else in the number one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Scotty will have a career whether he wins or not so I would like to see someone else in the number one spot.
    This could apply for several of the contestants, though. I still want to see Scotty at least in the finale last two standing, preferably with him winning.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

His "Swingin" was one of the worst performances of the season!! What a horrible song, and witha theme of 21st century songs, why did he go back and pick a 30 year old John Anderson song?? I didn't even know Leann Rhimes remade it, did Leann really sing about sitting on a swing with a pretty girl named Charlotte?

And Scotty had started to tone down the eyebrow theatrics in the last month, but last week they were back in full force, I thought they were going to jump off his forehead and do their own solo dance on stage, lol. I'm not so sure Scotty is the shoo-in that people are making him out to be, the last 2 weeks have not been positive for him, and I think he is losing fans.

FORT Fan

My guess is that a quick trip to the bottom three will raise Scotty's level of concern.

Maybe I have a little red neck in me, because I like the song he did last week. Oh well, he could have picked a more dramatic song, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. Oh well, .....lol

Let's hope he picks a great song this week. If the votes are there for him, then I think he'll be okay. I would like to see him grow as an artist week to week and perhaps, Swingin' didn't show that. (I never knew anyone but John Anderson did that song either.)

+ Reply to Thread