+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

To the Point

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    The point to be made - at least as I see it - is that none of these kids has made it big time as professionals, and that includes Scotty. When they hit the beginning of that mark, they - like Carrie Underwood - will be under serious coaching, and I most sincerely do believe that somebody will say, "Hey, this is what I think you need to consider doing, working on, or quit doing if you want to be successful.

Scotty has yet to hear any advice from a big time country star. I remember Carrie and Bo's season when they brought in one of their idols to sing with them.
    Can you imagine if they brought in George Strait to sing with Scotty? Can any one think for one moment that Scotty wouldn't take advice from that man?
    If Scotty has been reluctant to take advice, it is because the moment or the person hasn't been significant enough yet perhaps, but I still say that all of the contestants will smooth out these performance wrinkles after their Idol experience with good professional coaching.
    VERY good post! Also, we don't know how many things have been suggested to any of these contestants that they have taken. It's not like we see and hear everything that goes on.

The point to be made - at least as I see it - is that none of these kids has made it big time as professionals, and that includes Scotty. When they hit the beginning of that mark, they - like Carrie Underwood - will be under serious coaching, and I most sincerely do believe that somebody will say, "Hey, this is what I think you need to consider doing, working on, or quit doing if you want to be successful.

Scotty has yet to hear any advice from a big time country star. I remember Carrie and Bo's season when they brought in one of their idols to sing with them.
    Can you imagine if they brought in George Strait to sing with Scotty? Can any one think for one moment that Scotty wouldn't take advice from that man?
    If Scotty has been reluctant to take advice, it is because the moment or the person hasn't been significant enough yet perhaps, but I still say that all of the contestants will smooth out these performance wrinkles after their Idol experience with good professional coaching.
    Exactly! These kids are novices, yet. If they continue their music careers, they will get the coaching they need. This isn't something new to this season.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I have to take huge exception with the word "suggestively". I see nothing sexual when he looks "at the camera with the tilted head".
    Again, I'm a fan of Scotty and his singing, but I know if he were a female, she would be accused by the world of trying to be too flirtatious with the camera. "Sexual" is too strong a word, but he seems to be trying too hard to be flirtatious, and there is something weirdly inappropriate (and cheesy) about it being done by a teen--female or male.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I don't see Scotty's tilting his head and looking dead on at the camera as being flirtatious at all. I've seen country stars do the exact same gesture. He is merely emulating what he's already seen done.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I don't see Scotty's tilting his head and looking dead on at the camera as being flirtatious at all. I've seen country stars do the exact same gesture. He is merely emulating what he's already seen done.
    I can't recall seeing a country performer do that, and I grew up with a lot of country-western music in Oklahoma. It is possible that some misguided adult, like a parent, is telling him do this. Hopefully, he'll stop once he gets a manager and record contract---otherwise he'll be ridiculed for this by newspaper and TV critics as soon as he goes on his own tour.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I can't recall seeing a country performer do that, and I grew up with a lot of country-western music in Oklahoma. It is possible that some misguided adult, like a parent, is telling him do this. Hopefully, he'll stop once he gets a manager and record contract---otherwise he'll be ridiculed for this by newspaper and TV critics as soon as he goes on his own tour.
    I don't like how he tilts and holds the microphone like a toothbrush, with both hands to the side....he needs work on his performance, but his voice and singing are spectacular!

I can think of several country performers who would look into the camera with the head tilt, and all..or the infamous stare into the camera. Scotty certainly isn't the first.

Scotty has yet to hear any advice from a big time country star. I remember Carrie and Bo's season when they brought in one of their idols to sing with them. Can you imagine if they brought in George Strait to sing with Scotty? Can any one think for one moment that Scotty wouldn't take advice from that man?
    As to the highlighted, that was during the finale & they have done that every year since then. I suspect that will continue this year. Look for Scotty to get to sing with Josh Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I can think of several country performers who would look into the camera with the head tilt, and all..or the infamous stare into the camera. Scotty certainly isn't the first.
    I'm curious, which country stars perform with their heads constantly tilted? When they perform together, do they tilt to the left or right?
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.

"perform together"? I never mentioned a performer constantly tilting their head....OR , more than one performer performing together.

+ Reply to Thread