+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Boy, that's what I have been saying for weeks. We already have Josh Turner & a Trace Adkins & Scotty add nothing to their legend nor stature.
    Well, I will be the first to say I am not an expert on country music, but for whatever it is worth, here is what I see whenever the once in a while opportunity for me to listen to it comes up. Sometimes, I hear it or see it on TV when I am around my brother. The other night I watched their academy show because I wanted to see Carrie and Steven.

Here is my comment!

That Lambert gal who is taking the country world by storm right now? Will somebody please tell me what NEW she added to anything? She looked like the same old, same old as the other country women singers from the last several years,and she didn't sound one iota didn't either, and yet you would have thought she was the best thing since sliced toast from the way that they were carrying on about her on the show.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I am going to take a gander at predicting that clean-cut Scottie with all of those ridiculous gestures and that amazing (old country) deep voice is going to jump right onto the country scene pretty much like Carrie Underwood did.
    He might not go up as fast as she did because she was very pretty, but he isn't going to struggle.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I think Miranda Lambert has an amazing voice and is very likable. She is very gracious to all her fans and is a good role model. As a country music fan Miranda has earned and deserved the awards she has received. JMO
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I think Miranda Lambert has an amazing voice and is very likable. She is very gracious to all her fans and is a good role model. As a country music fan Miranda has earned and deserved the awards she has received. JMO
    I didn't mean to diss her. I don't know anything about her, so that would be very, very unfair of me. What I was trying to point out, though, was that as far as Scotty bringing something new to the world of country music, it seemed to me that it might not really matter if Miranda Lambert - who according to what I saw on the show the other night was all the rage - was any indication of what is or is not accepted in country music.
    She looked like the the year's big hit, but she also appeared to be very much like other female country stars.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I didn't mean to diss her. I don't know anything about her, so that would be very, very unfair of me. What I was trying to point out, though, was that as far as Scotty bringing something new to the world of country music, it seemed to me that it might not really matter if Miranda Lambert - who according to what I saw on the show the other night was all the rage - was any indication of what is or is not accepted in country music.
    She looked like the the year's big hit, but she also appeared to be very much like other female country stars.

I agree with you! Sorry if my post made it seem like I didn't.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I don't have a crystal ball, but I am going to take a gander at predicting that clean-cut Scottie with all of those ridiculous gestures and that amazing (old country) deep voice is going to jump right onto the country scene pretty much like Carrie Underwood did.
    He might not go up as fast as she did because she was very pretty, but he isn't going to struggle.
    I agree. I don't expect him to become a big name but he will make some records and have a degree of success. He is going to need a stylist though! His haircut is just not good.

FORT Regular

I don't know if Scotty is a song writer or not, but if can write music for young men the way Taylor Swift has for young girls he could be hugh.

I really love Scotty, but he's starting to make me yawn. His performances seem to be the same every week now and someone really needs to teach him how to hold the mic! Personally I'd like to see him go home in the next few weeks and let him get his toes wet in Nashville. They are just going to scoop him right up!

I was bored by the duet. I think Scotty has some charm alone, but together the two were "High School Musical 3." Scotty's weird double-handed grip of the microphone just looked even dumber next to Lauren's normal one-handed grip. And his odd, tilted-head stance just clashed visually with Lauren's normal stance.
    ---
    --
    Last edited by hepcat; 04-15-2011 at 10:37 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I was bored by the duet. I think Scotty has some charm alone, but together the two were "High School Musical 3." Scotty's weird double-handed grip of the microphone just looked even dumber next to Lauren's normal one-handed grip. And his odd, tilted-head stance just clashed visually with Lauren's normal stance.
    ---
    --

It's just his way of performing. Some hold the mic alternating between hands with one hand stretched out that can be annoying.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I have to disagree. He is great in his genre. I think he is doing great.
    I agree. I think he's really good and to think he hasn't really been transformed yet. Consider how much better Carrie was after she was polised up.

THe way he holds a mic doesn't bother me. I only noticed it because of comments on the boards. I don't see it as odd either. LOL

Scottie is so good that I can think he could shake it up and do something a little different. I thought his Elvis tune was wonderful! He knows how to laugh at himself and act silly. I think that is appealing.

+ Reply to Thread