+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

FORT Regular

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

^He's an awkward boy ... I bet you that's how he used to impersonate Elvis, with that limp wristed layback grip.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    I gotta get this off my chest: while the kid has a really nice voice, he adds nothing - and I mean NOTHING - fresh to the genre of country music. Everything he does just sounds stale to me... like a really talented kid rehashing a lot of country music that's already been done and polished. Which is what he's truly all about, no?

Add to this that he's kinda funny-looking (and let's face it, he is) and his over-the-top mugging while he's performing.

Likeable I can understand. But the next American Idol? Really?
    I can't say that any of them bring anything really new. Casey probably comes closest, but even then it's really not new.

Does the world of country music need yet another deep voiced singer? No. Not to say he isn't talented in his genre. But, I'd hate to see him winthe whole thing because as someone else mentioned he doesn't bring anything new or unique to the genre. I won't comment negatively on his looks as that has nothing to do with it, for me. He's only 16, so quirks like the way he holds his mike, sings out of the side of his mouth and has that weird little sneer when looking intot he camera are easily correctable `flaws.' They aren't deal breakers. He's only a kid afterall, not a seasoned pro. I wish him well, but don't want him to win this particular competiton.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    Does the world of country music need yet another deep voiced singer? No. Not to say he isn't talented in his genre. But, I'd hate to see him winthe whole thing because as someone else mentioned he doesn't bring anything new or unique to the genre. I won't comment negatively on his looks as that has nothing to do with it, for me. He's only 16, so quirks like the way he holds his mike, sings out of the side of his mouth and has that weird little sneer when looking intot he camera are easily correctable `flaws.' They aren't deal breakers. He's only a kid afterall, not a seasoned pro. I wish him well, but don't want him to win this particular competiton.
    None of them bring anything new, if you ask me. It doesn't really matter who wins, actually, its what they make of the opportunies after the show is over. Wouldn't mind seeing Scotty win, but I just hope he ends up with a career after the show, eventually, and I think he will.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    None of them bring anything new, if you ask me. It doesn't really matter who wins, actually, its what they make of the opportunies after the show is over. Wouldn't mind seeing Scotty win, but I just hope he ends up with a career after the show, eventually, and I think he will.
    I'm sure Scotty is going to do quite well whether he wins or not- he just has that sound and presence that make a wind range of folks respond positively. Quite impressive for a sixteen year old. He's got the goods.
    I agree with you for the most part that there isn't much new this year. Maybe it has to do with the aging of the show. However, I like Paul. I do believe he brings something new to the show, in a good way. You don't hear his type of voice on AI that often, imo. I like the quirkiness. And James, he's a lot of fun, imo. Though it's perfecrtly understandable he isn't everyone's cup of tea.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm calling him the winner this season. I just think he has enough of the girls vote and he is so darn country, he will win. And I think have a very good career
    I predicted Scotty and Pia in the F2 with Scotty winning. After Pia was eliminated last night my opinion about this season has changed. It is anyone's to win at this point. IMO
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I predicted Scotty and Pia in the F2 with Scotty winning. After Pia was eliminated last night my opinion about this season has changed. It is anyone's to win at this point. IMO
    Me too although I thought if a girl was going to win it would be Pia. I still lean towards Scotty winning because of the country music and the boy next door appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I think the world of country will welcome him. He's young, he's cute and he is talented.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    I gotta get this off my chest: while the kid has a really nice voice, he adds nothing - and I mean NOTHING - fresh to the genre of country music. Everything he does just sounds stale to me... like a really talented kid rehashing a lot of country music that's already been done and polished. Which is what he's truly all about, no?

Add to this that he's kinda funny-looking (and let's face it, he is) and his over-the-top mugging while he's performing.

Likeable I can understand. But the next American Idol? Really?
    Boy, that's what I have been saying for weeks. We already have Josh Turner & a Trace Adkins & Scotty add nothing to their legend nor stature.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Boy, that's what I have been saying for weeks. We already have Josh Turner & a Trace Adkins & Scotty add nothing to their legend nor stature.
    Scotty is Scotty, now Josh or Trace, so he adds the personailty that he is. What about all the other sound alike singers out there? Is there only room for one country guy with a deep voice? I think Scotty will do very well post-idol.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread