+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I have never seen anyone carry a mic the way he does. It's just plain weird.
    He just looks like a doofus holding the mic that way! It's so affected. I just can't get over that, which probably influences how I feel about his singing. Then I went back to just listen to his song, and STILL I can't get the love for this guy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    razorback, it is strange. I wonder where he picked that habit up and why. I wonder if he's even aware. I guess I wonder a lot of things.
    I really like Scotty, but that is one of the things that I hope someone helps him to see that he needs to ditch immediately if not sooner.
    I loved his performance last night except for the way that he held the mic. That was distracting and irritating. I wanted to tell him to hold the mic up to his mouth.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

It is awful isn't it? That and his facial expressions are off putting. They always have been. The best way to truly appreciate Scotty is to close your eyes and listen to him sing.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Maybe the way he holds the mic has to do with the fact that he kind of sings out of the corner of his mouth. I don't know. It really doesn't bother me. I'm not a huge country fan, but I absolutely love this kid and would love to see him in the final 2 with James
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Maybe the way he holds the mic has to do with the fact that he kind of sings out of the corner of his mouth. I don't know. It really doesn't bother me. I'm not a huge country fan, but I absolutely love this kid and would love to see him in the final 2 with James
    I'm calling him the winner this season. I just think he has enough of the girls vote and he is so darn country, he will win. And I think have a very good career
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Me too, combatcutie! The way he holds a mic or tilts his head has absolutely no bearing on this kid's perfomances for me. Ilike his performances/entertaining, and his voice. The kid can sing WELL, especially at his age. I would LOVE to see a James/Scottie finale!!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Regular

First time Scotty has really show me something ... best performance.

I keep trying to come up with an analogy and failing, though I feel like there are elements in there of him holding onto "the precious" when the left hand comes up to support the mic...

I gotta get this off my chest: while the kid has a really nice voice, he adds nothing - and I mean NOTHING - fresh to the genre of country music. Everything he does just sounds stale to me... like a really talented kid rehashing a lot of country music that's already been done and polished. Which is what he's truly all about, no?

Add to this that he's kinda funny-looking (and let's face it, he is) and his over-the-top mugging while he's performing.

Likeable I can understand. But the next American Idol? Really?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fogey

He is young and just finding his way. His mannerisms will probably change as he gets feedback. Unfortunately he is not getting anything constructive from the judges. I don't like country music so I can't comment beyond this. He will have a successful career whether he wins or not.

+ Reply to Thread