+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paul McDonald Season 10

Re: Paul McDonald Season 10

I was thinking this morning as I drove to work about AI and Paul McDonald. I would love to hear him sing the song Betty Davis Eyes. His voice is prefect for it.

This week would be good for Mercy Mercy Me by Marvin Gaye.

Quote Originally Posted by PacNWFan View Post
    I was thinking this morning as I drove to work about AI and Paul McDonald. I would love to hear him sing the song Betty Davis Eyes. His voice is prefect for it.

I love that song and agree it would suit Paul's voice perfectly.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Who sang that song originally?

I think it might sound kind of weird hearing a guy sing a woman's song, but hey, David C. pulled it off with "Little Sparrow," so maybe Paul could do it, too. I think that would be cool if he did. Like David, it would show that he was thinking creatively, not just doing the same-old, same-old.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Who sang that song originally?

I think it might sound kind of weird hearing a guy sing a woman's song, but hey, David C. pulled it off with "Little Sparrow," so maybe Paul could do it, too. I think that would be cool if he did. Like David, it would show that he was thinking creatively, not just doing the same-old, same-old.

Kim Carnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post

Is this where I come to eat my words? LOL

I have said from the beginning that I didn't understand why Paul was there. I didn't get him, but last night I changed my mind. I really enjoyed his performance and now am eager to see what he has in store. I hope he stays. I thought he did a great job.

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Is this where I come to eat my words? LOL

I have said from the beginning that I didn't understand why Paul was there. I didn't get him, but last night I changed my mind. I really enjoyed his performance and now am eager to see what he has in store. I hope he stays. I thought he did a great job.
    Debb70, I thought he did a great job last night, too. I liked him early on, but then became a little disappointed with him. I hope he can make it through this week and continue to improve. He just seems to be making poor song choices or something. I loved his duet during the last week of auditions and I wish he would wow us like that some more.

I really like Paul, but hearing him happily sing about being in prison was a real disconnect. He should be singing slower, folkier stuff within his limited vocal range.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I really like Paul, but hearing him happily sing about being in prison was a real disconnect. He should be singing slower, folkier stuff within his limited vocal range.

I would normally agree, but for some reason last night I thought his vocals were stronger than normal. As far as being up beat, I think those coaches made him do it. Plus, the crowd went wild.

With the oppportunity to do rock and roll, you would think more of rock didn't come through with some of the other performers. I would love to have seen Pia do her version of Rock'n Roll by Zeppelin. Still, all did well IMO. Some better than others.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-07-2011 at 01:57 PM.

I really enjoyed Paul's performance last night His voice sounded great and his stage presence was spot on, IMHO!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread