+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paul McDonald Season 10

Re: Paul McDonald Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    [/B]

There is going to be a show called The Voice, soon, where you will hear the person sing, but you won't see them. He probably would have been the perfect candidate for this one.
    Saw the preview for this show tonight! I can't wait!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think it will be good, too! As it is, when I want to really hear someone's voice on Idol, I turn away and close my eyes. It really makes a difference.

I think Christina Aguillera (sp?) is supposed to be one of the judges.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    [/B]

There is going to be a show called The Voice, soon, where you will hear the person sing, but you won't see them. He probably would have been the perfect candidate for this one.
    Which network is it going to be on? I'd love to see it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Which network is it going to be on? I'd love to see it.
    I found this information.

NBC.com - NBC's New Singing Competition Series 'The Voice' [Working Title] Announces Open Auditions In Cities Across America In 2011

"The Voice" is a show about real talent, the best voice, right attitude, unique sound and performance that makes a lasting impression. The producers are looking for all musical styles. If selected, singers will be mentored by music industry professionals, compete weekly in front of a panel of coaches, and America will decide which singer will be worthy of the grand prize. Contestants should be prepared to share their personal stories -- and why they are a star in the making. Applicants must be at least 18 years or older and a legal U.S. resident to apply."

It sounds as thought the blind auditions will only be for the coaches, not the public. By the time it gets to the televised part, we won't be hearing just the voice.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I'm gonna try and bring this thread back to Paul......

I read on mjs blog that Paul tweeted this today (3/21):

Today he tweeted to followers, OkIm now thinking about busting out the guitar this week on the show. Thoughts?
    I still really like this guy, and think that maybe by using the guitar it'll minimize his dance moves - which would be a good thing. The dancing probably works well when he's with his band, but not so much on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post

I still really like this guy, and think that maybe by using the guitar it'll minimize his dance moves - which would be a good thing. The dancing probably works well when he's with his band, but not so much on his own.

I absolutely loved his duet on "Blackbird." I think it would be even better to hear him sing a softer song along with his guitar.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    I'm gonna try and bring this thread back to Paul......

I read on mjs blog that Paul tweeted this today (3/21):

Thanks for the info! I think the guitar will be good for him and people will be able to focus more on his voice than his crazy dance moves.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    Thanks for the info! I think the guitar will be good for him and people will be able to focus more on his voice than his crazy dance moves.
    My mom called me and said she loves Paul's dance moves.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Regular

Before the final 13 performances started, Paul was an interesting contestant (singer?). AI likes singers with unusual tonal qualities, unfortunately most of them are pitchy. Paul seems to be an exception but his stage presence (beginning with the final 13 performances) have not been good, seem contrived, and generally a detraction from the overall performance.

I really think that Paul was affected by the flu for those couple of weeks, and I am looking forward to a very good performance this week.
    I am hoping we will see more of a Rod Stewart type influence...rock/roll.

+ Reply to Thread