+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paul McDonald Season 10

Re: Paul McDonald Season 10

He's kind of freaky in his mannerisms, he reminds me of a male Brooke White.

He's definitely different, in both style and mannerisms. But I like that about him.

At least he doesn't blend into the crowd!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I am so on the fence about this guy it's unreal. I want to like him... but something is holding me back. I've listened to some of his stuff on YouTube and can't make a decision. Thanks to the folks who posted the links on here - I appreciate when people do that. The part of me that likes him absolutely LOVES him... but there's another side that is just not on board so I'm having one hellava struggle with myself! LOL!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I am so on the fence about this guy it's unreal. I want to like him... but something is holding me back. I've listened to some of his stuff on YouTube and can't make a decision. Thanks to the folks who posted the links on here - I appreciate when people do that. The part of me that likes him absolutely LOVES him... but there's another side that is just not on board so I'm having one hellava struggle with myself! LOL!
    I think he is great! I would prefer him as the winner to the last 2 we have had. The reason I will never vote for Paul is that I am tired of this sort of singer winning the competition. He's different (better) than the last 2 but still too similar for me. That is what my conflict is. The same guy winning every season kills the show for me.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm still not happy with Lee DeWyze and Kris Allen but unlike those two I think Paul might have some real talent and be refreshingly different. Lee and Kris were so booooooooooooring.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I really like this guy, but I gave up picking favorites a long time ago. I try not to allow myself to become too invested. Makes it easier to enjoy.
    Same here. In past seasons, I would get all wound up as I worried about my favorite. Heck, the past couple of seasons I got downright angry when my favorite lost. This season, like you, I am going to try and just enjoy the performances without investing too much energy in picking a favorite.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

He ia my favorite so far. Love this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I think he is great! I would prefer him as the winner to the last 2 we have had. The reason I will never vote for Paul is that I am tired of this sort of singer winning the competition. He's different (better) than the last 2 but still too similar for me. That is what my conflict is. The same guy winning every season kills the show for me.
    At first I was going to agree with you, but then I read Marlena's post. Now I don't know what to think. Yes, he's talented, and I still like him and will root for him.

However, he's still a pop singer. I wish somebody different, a rocker or even another country talent, would win.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I love country music but I love this guy too! Glad to see him in the top and hope he sticks around for a long while. I want to see and hear more from him.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    At first I was going to agree with you, but then I read Marlena's post. Now I don't know what to think. Yes, he's talented, and I still like him and will root for him.

However, he's still a pop singer. I wish somebody different, a rocker or even another country talent, would win.
    I wouldn't say he's my favorite, but he's definitely interesting and I hope he hangs around for awhile. A lot more fun than some of them, and you gotta love somebody who wears a Nudie suit on Idol
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread