+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paul McDonald Season 10

Re: Paul McDonald Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    My daughter didn't enjoy Paul on the show, but she went to itunes and listened to Grand Magnolia CD and wants to buy it. I told her if she did she had to Purchase Dancing With the Angels as well. Love it!!
    As much as I'm addicted to and enjoy watching AI this show was just too limited for Paul. He was right on when he said he didn't sing other peoples music well. I became a big fan of Paul's after hearing Blackbird and listening to his pre-idol music but the show did not do any justice to his unique voice.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Didn't Paul injury his vocal cords when the Top 13 started to perform? I read something about this and it might explain why he always seemed to strain during his performances.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Didn't Paul injury his vocal cords when the Top 13 started to perform? I read something about this and it might explain why he always seemed to strain during his performances.
    I will answer my own question. Yes he did.

Idoloonies: Paul McDonald on 'Blackbird,' Crazy Dancing, and…Adam Lambert Comparisons?

When Paul McDonald decided to try out for American Idol, he never really thought about taking home the top prize. But at age 26, the lead singer for the well-regarded southeastern rock band the Grand Magnolias still found himself playing frat parties to pay the bills, and decided a stint on the nation’s most popular talent competition might help change his lot in life.

In his freewheeling Idoloonies interview, Paul breaks down the highlights of his Idol run: How he and fellow semifinalist Kendra Chantelle cooked up their memorable duet of “Blackbird” in Vegas (and their subsequent recording of the duet “Like You Loved Me Then“); why his preparations for “Rocket Man” turned into “a big cluster of craziness”; and which of the songs he performed in the competition he’d once played at Bonnaroo. He also dishes the sinking feeling of discovering one of his Idol song choices had been previously covered by season 8′s Adam Lambert, the reason he stopped watching the show once he reached the Top 13, and a theory about why his dancing on the Idol stage might have looked a little weird.
    Click link below to watch Paul's video:

Idoloonies: Paul McDonald on Crazy Dancing, and...Adam Lambert Comparisons? - TVLine

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Idoloonies: Paul McDonald on 'Blackbird,' Crazy Dancing, and…Adam Lambert Comparisons?

Click link below to watch Paul's video:

Idoloonies: Paul McDonald on Crazy Dancing, and...Adam Lambert Comparisons? - TVLine
    Thanks for posting that, Love_Me. That was a great interview with Paul. Love seeing him. Here's the link to his duet with Kendra, Like You Loved Me Then: YouTube - Paul McDonald - Kendra Chantelle - American Idol - Like You Loved Me Then

If they had done this duet on AI, they would have blown everyone away.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I finally checked out a couple of The Grand Magnolia vids on youtube. What a difference! I found him very interesting during his time on AI and was always hopeful that we'd see what I thought was there. But I was usually unimpressed with what he did. Nothing ever seemed to fit him. That band DOES fit him. Not sure if I'd be rushing out to buy their CD, but their music is definitely enjoyable. And Paul is so much more comfortable playing a guitar as he sings.

As I was listening to American Dreams, I was thinking it would be a great song to use in a movie. Then I remembered about the information from a month ago that their music will be used in a movie! Good for them - I wish them much success.

I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Wowsa!!! That was fast but I say good for them. Sometimes you just "know". Wishing them the best of LUCK!!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Watch them end up being married for 50+ years.

I did like her response about why she loves him. It's a mature reason so they might just make it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I caught a headline on MSN earlier and my first thought was WOW that was super fast. Than I recalled that my dh and I were engaged after less than 3 months. That was over 23 years ago. I wish them all the best.

+ Reply to Thread