+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paul McDonald Season 10

Re: Paul McDonald Season 10

Thank you for posting the article Love_Me! Paul's on his way to an incredible career, and just being on Idol will help open doors. Just because you win Idol doesn't guarantee success. It's what you do with what you've been given that counts.

If you haven't checked out Paul's music, check ^^ for links from Gutmutter and others. Really great work.

Ok, pardon my ignorance here, but is "Twighlight" that movie about the girl and the vampire? Something about Jacob/Bella/Edward? If so, then what roles did Facinelli and Reed play? I'm just curious how a small-time musician like Paul hooked up with an actress from a mega-blockbusting movie franchise. And why didn't she use her connections already to help him, so that he didn't have to do a cheesy show like AI?

What can I say? I'm a nerd. These things bother me.

All that aside, I'm very happy for him. I'll watch for that movie, and if Paul sounds as good there as he does elsewhere, I will be happy to buy the CD.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Ok, pardon my ignorance here, but is "Twighlight" that movie about the girl and the vampire? Something about Jacob/Bella/Edward? If so, then what roles did Facinelli and Reed play? I'm just curious how a small-time musician like Paul hooked up with an actress from a mega-blockbusting movie franchise. And why didn't she use her connections already to help him, so that he didn't have to do a cheesy show like AI?

What can I say? I'm a nerd. These things bother me.

All that aside, I'm very happy for him. I'll watch for that movie, and if Paul sounds as good there as he does elsewhere, I will be happy to buy the CD.
    First, Paul and Nikki didn't start dating until he was already on AI, during the red carpet event the idol contestants attended for the Red Riding Hood premier. Second, Nikki played Rosalie in Twilight and Facinelli was Carlisle who was the vampire "father". Very fascinating!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/fullcredits
    Last edited by Babycakee; 04-19-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Paul met Nikki Reed when the Idols went to the premier of Little Red Riding Hood. Here's the link:

American Idol - Paul McDonald Meets His Soon-to-Be-Girlfriend Nikki Reed at the Little Red Riding Hood - Video

He meets her at :53. I've never seen the Twilight series, so I have no idea what role she plays. From what I read, Peter Facinelli "met" Paul through Nikki when he'd walk through the room while she was skyping with him. Paul McDonald’s “Apology” to Nikki Reed Ignited Their Romance - OK! Magazine - The First for Celebrity News

Idol's Paul McDonald: How Nikki Reed and I Spend Our Days Off - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com
    Idol's Paul McDonald: How Nikki Reed and I Spend Our Days Off

Tuesday – April 19, 2011 – 1:40pm

American Idol's Paul McDonald may not have taken season 10's title, but the 26-year-old Alabama native still won big…in the romance department, that is!

During an April 18 visit to Us Weekly's New York City offices, the eliminated contestant dished on his new lady, Twilight's Nikki Reed ("She's supercool," McDonald enthuses) and gave Us a preview of what to expect when he hits the road this summer on the Idols LIVE! concert tour. Read on for more of McDonald's take on Pia Toscano's shock elimination, who he thinks could take the title, and, of course, what keeps his teeth so darn white!

PHOTOS: Before they were on Idol!

Us Weekly: You had a premonition that your Idol journey would end last Thursday. Tell Us more about why you felt that way.
    Paul McDonald: It was one of those feelings like, "[If I finished in] eighth place, I'd be happy with leaving now.' On Thursday, I was like, 'I'm kind of nervous, I think this is it,' and then a few of my friends sent me [similar] messages. It turned out to be alright, though. I had a good run.

Us: Word is you'll start cutting an album on the road during the tour this summer. True?
    PM: Possibly. We're still in the Idol craziness, so I'm trying to figure [everything] out. I've got a bunch of new material and I've talked with a bunch of the producers I got to work with on the show and they're excited, because I would always go in there and show them my original stuff in between us doing the covers. We're literally all winners right now because we've met the people that are in the top of the business. It would take years of touring [to make connections otherwise]. That's what I was telling these kids, 'You don't know how good you have it right now. It takes years!'

POLL: Does Idol's Stefano Langone deserve to stick around?

Us: It's so funny how you call them 'kids.' You're only 26! Do you think the 16-year-olds have a chance to win?
    PM: Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina have tons of fans -- it's unbelievable. That age group really supports American Idol and I think they have a really good shot a winning. [Voting] is probably skewed a little bit towards the guys because I have a feeling that younger girls vote most of the time, but you never know. I hope the girls can make it to the end.

Us: How was the morale among the Idols after Pia's elimination?
    PM: It kind of all hit us really hard and we weren't expecting that at all. I really don't know why she got voted off, but it was tough for all of us [and] we were all in shock. It took a few days to get over that one.

VIDEO: Pia tells Us what kind of album she'll record

Us: So, switching gears, are you as sad that the Twilight movies are ending as we are?!
    PM: [laughs] I've never watched the movies or read the books. Everyone keeps asking me [now that I'm dating Nikki], so I have to go home and do that, so I don't look like such a fool.

Us: Nikki didn't make that required viewing for you?
    PM: Not at all. I think she's kind of happy I haven't seen 'em. I'm a fan of whatever she does, obviously. As soon as she tells me I can watch it, I will.

PHOTOS: Idol stylists rate the contestants' fashions

Us: Us Weekly broke the news that the two of you had struck up a romance over Skype in early April. How have things been going?
    PM: She's supercool and I'm really excited about this one. We went to Malibu the other day and hung out a little bit on my day off. On my one day off, I got to relax and be a grownup again. I ate some fried fish, drank a cold beverage. Life is good, I was happy about that. She's been supportive of this whole thing, and I'm supportive of everything she does.

Us: Lastly, our Twitter followers are dying to know how you keep your teeth so white!
    PM: My parents always made me use Crest toothpaste growing up -- Advance Vivid White is what I use. Back in the day I used the Crest White Strips. But I think the reason why my teeth look so white because I have a beard. That's what you have to do: Grow a beard and your teeth will look whiter! That's my advice. Crest better give me an endorsement deal!

By Allison Corneau for UsMagazine.com.

I guess I'm just way too cynical. When you read every day about celebrities hooking up and then breaking up, it just feels weird that an actress would want to date some contestant on a reality show. Usually actors want to date up so they can get more exposure. Oh, well. More power to them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I know, but for every 10 that don't work out, 1 does. Who knows who that 1 couple is, but it doesn't have to be a love story that ends in a 50-year marriage, or even a 5-year marriage. It's nice to be open to have relationships along the way in life.

If you go and check out that clip when they met, you'll see it's really cute. She has a crush, and it's adorable!

To the Point

For those looking for Paul's Music with The Grand Magnolia, unless I'm mistaken, it's available on itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    For those looking for Paul's Music with The Grand Magnolia, unless I'm mistaken, it's available on itunes.
    You're right, NC, it is. And don't forget to look up Dancing With The Angels (Meg's Song) by Hightide Blues - his previous band. Go ^^ for links to the song. Just lovely.

I am going to miss Paul on the show tonight! He's the first person who has made me feel this way so far.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    You're right, NC, it is. And don't forget to look up Dancing With The Angels (Meg's Song) by Hightide Blues - his previous band. Go ^^ for links to the song. Just lovely.
    My daughter didn't enjoy Paul on the show, but she went to itunes and listened to Grand Magnolia CD and wants to buy it. I told her if she did she had to Purchase Dancing With the Angels as well. Love it!!

+ Reply to Thread