+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paul McDonald Season 10

Re: Paul McDonald Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Does anyone know the name of a good orthopedic surgeon that can straighten Paul's legs out?
    Send him back to his dentist, that guy did pretty good with his teeth.

Paul is selling his Mariachi suits on his website? A lot of people think its a country western suit, but to me they really look like a Mariachi outfit
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

No, actually on his website you can order shirts with the same type of colorful design as those show performance suits Paul wore. I did not find a suit at all on there when I checked.

I think the flower design is a reference to his band "The Grand Magnolias". In my opinion, I thought the suits were very well done. It is a style that was done by artists in Nashville at the Grand Ole Opry, by such performers as Porter Wagner, and others. Probably this was long before a lot young people's time.

Paul is a unique and talented singer/songwriter, I hope he has a wonderfully successful career. I so enjoyed seeing him on AI.

Paul confirmed he is officially dating Nikki Reed (Twilight) if anyone cares.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Twilight's Nikki Reed Dating Paul McDonald: "It's Officially True," Confirms American Idol Eliminee

Looks like Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart aren't the only ones K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Even though Paul McDonald was sent packing from American Idol last night, he told us he has plenty to smile about. For one thing, he's dating a movie star: Twilight's Nikki Reed.

Read on to hear what else the cute crooner told us about his romance with the brunette beauty, his elimination and his promising career ahead...

SCOOP FROM THE SCENE: Live at American Idol: Hot New Couple Alert…Casey and Haley?!

Since their first meeting on the red carpet of Red Riding Hood, Nikki and Paul have been the target of romance rumors and speculation. Showing up to more than a few show tapings and spotted backstage, Nikki hasn't been too far from Paul...and now we know why!

"Yes, me and Nikki are dating. It's officially true," Paul told us Friday morning. "She's super cool. She's super smart, so I'm happy with it. We've been hanging out here and there. We're both pretty busy, but it been fun so far."

When asked if Nikki is bummed about his elimination, Paul laughed and said, "I'm pretty sure Nikki is a pretty big fan, but she's super cool."

Paul's exit from the Idol stage didn't come as a huge shock to him. He was able to handle his elimination with grace and style, but says he may have lasted longer if he stayed true to his gut instincts when it came to picking his performance pieces.

"When I first tried out for this, it was just kind of for fun, and I didn't even expect to get this far in the competition," he said. "So when I got here, I kind of listened to some people when I probably should have stuck with my guns. I'm actually not very good at singing other people's songs. There's only so much you can do singing other people's songs to get them across. I wish I had done more obscure artists, more of the vibe of music I was into. I didn't feel comfortable a whole lot of the time up there because it felt like it wasn't me all the time but it was an amazing learning experience doing all this TV."

Even though his time on Idol is over, Paul and his megawatt smile, which he credits to good genes and Crest 3D Vivid White toothpaste, won't be fading into obscurity anytime soon.

"It's good to be an artist that can write and showcase what you do as an individual," he said. "That's something I always wanted to do because that's my main thing. I've been writing tons of material while I'm out here, which I probably shouldn't have and that's why I got kicked off already, but I've been focusing a bunch on writing and working hard on stuff that's coming out after Idol."

Are you bummed Paul got voted off? Would you buy his record? Will you go see him on the American Idol tour this summer? Let us know in the comments!
    Twilight's Nikki Reed Dating Paul McDonald: "It's Officially True," Confirms American Idol Eliminee - E! Online

Wow, there's a lot of lovin' goin' on here! First Pia and Mark Ballas, then Casey and Haley, and now Paul and Nikki Reed? Wonder who's next!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Wow, there's a lot of lovin' goin' on here! First Pia and Mark Ballas, then Casey and Haley, and now Paul and Nikki Reed? Wonder who's next!

Scotty and Lauren perhaps?

I didn't even expect to get this far in the competition," he said. "So when I got here, I kind of listened to some people when I probably should have stuck with my guns. I'm actually not very good at singing other people's songs.
    I have to agree, I don't think the producers are really steering these guys in the right direction. I haven't been impressed by their advice this season, experts or not.

So sad to see Paul go. I know he wasn't going to win, but still. He brought an element of quirky, fun weirdness that nobody else has this season. And yes, I'd probably buy his stuff when it's released. I realize his voice and style aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I found it oddly pleasant to listen to.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I have to agree, I don't think the producers are really steering these guys in the right direction. I haven't been impressed by their advice this season, experts or not.

So sad to see Paul go. I know he wasn't going to win, but still. He brought an element of quirky, fun weirdness that nobody else has this season. And yes, I'd probably buy his stuff when it's released. I realize his voice and style aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I found it oddly pleasant to listen to.
    I think they're steering them in the direction of whatever their agenda is, not was is best for the contestant. The smart ones listen and then do what they feel is best for them. The one's who may not be so confident get tied up in knots trying tobe something they are not.

I like Paul's voice, but I agree he does best when he sings his own songs. I would buy some of the ones I've heard with his band pre-Idol. I'm sorry he's gone, he was a lot of fun.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post

I feel exactly the same way about everything you said. I love the pre-idol songs he sings. Love "American Dreams" but The one he wrote for his friend that died of cancer "Meg's Song" was Incredible! Love his laid back but passionate personality...looking forward to buying some of music
    For me, he's one of the best But like you said he isn't everyone's cup of tea. YouTube - Dancing With The Angels Meg's Song by Hightide Blues
    Last edited by Babycakee; 04-16-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread