+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

With the great duets with Scottie and Lauren, I think the Scottie fans may through some votes her way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    She seemed to have a lot more confidence before the Top 13 started to perform. Remember, when she danced around Steven Tyler during the group rounds? Then I think the pressure and stress got to her. She seems a lot more shy then the girl we saw audition.
    Actually, I'm very glad to see that Lauren has toned down the spoiled-brat-Southern-belle-in-training persona. Maybe she got some good advice and listened to it!

I know I absolutely couldn't stand her at the beginning of the season, and now I can -- enough that I can now appreciate her considerable talent.

I for one am glad she seems more subdued now.

FORT Fogey

She seemed to have a lot more confidence before the Top 13 started to perform. Remember, when she danced around Steven Tyler during the group rounds? Then I think the pressure and stress got to her. She seems a lot more shy then the girl we saw audition.
    I had to comment....I have seen a different Lauren also...but I think she is holding back because she has been on the blogs/internet and hearing what people are saying about being fake and immature.....she kind of hinted it in an interview during one of the results shows....commenting on I am who I am, I don't want to change but it is hard.....I think at her age it is hard to hear all the negative.....she has a fantastic voice and she hasn't even showed her true potential in my book. I just love her voice...Scotty is great also but she does stand out vocally when she does the duets with him. JMO

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Actually, I'm very glad to see that Lauren has toned down the spoiled-brat-Southern-belle-in-training persona. Maybe she got some good advice and listened to it!

I know I absolutely couldn't stand her at the beginning of the season, and now I can -- enough that I can now appreciate her considerable talent.

I for one am glad she seems more subdued now.
    This is exactly what I am talking about....Lauren has been hearing, reading etc. people commenting on her spoiled brat comments etc. I just think she has a big personality but "spoiled brat" wow...just don't agree....she has talent and a personality and it's sad that she is being judged so harshly. We like what we like and that is what makes the world go round.

Lauren and Scotty are my top two favorites, however, they both picked terrible songs last night. Lauren's song was a snooze fest for me. WHY would she pick such a little song that did not showcase her voice? WHy didn't Jimmy tell her? I hope her fans keep her in. She could be in the bottom because of that song choice.

Frankly, if she doesn't go for the gusto on from now on, I wish she would leave. I'm over her insecure, I'm not sure what I can do routine. I don't buy it.

She could be in the bottom because of that song choice.

Lauren and Scotty have the votes to stay on this show even when they give mediocre performances the night before. JMO
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Lauren and Scotty have the votes to stay on this show even when they give mediocre performances the night before. JMO

Who do you think they are? I have friends and family who are big country fans, but I can't imagine them voting that much.

I will say that in the community that Scotty lives, there are MANY country fans. It's demographics are very, how shall I phrase this politely.......let's just say they are good, homegrown, down to earth people who love country music. If Toby Keith or Waylon Jennings was going to hang out in Wake County, they would go to Garner. So, I know they are proud of Scotty and are voting to keep in there.

I can't say I was crazy about Lauren's song choice last night, but she sounded GREAT. She really seems to have fit right into the country style of music.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Yet another pretty but unremarkable performance. This girl is a snooze fest.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Yet another pretty but unremarkable performance. This girl is a snooze fest.
    ---
    She was with that song, but I can imagine her doing something like Independence Day by Martina McBride, Fly by the Dixie Chix or Stay by Sugar Land. She needs a really big song that she can lift the roof with her voice. I think she can do it.

+ Reply to Thread