+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 263
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

  1. #61
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,574

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I like both of them, but Lauren's singing I like a little better than Haley's.
    I agree. I think Lauren's voice control and range gives her the edge. JMO.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  2. #62
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,040

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Lauren's dress was cute and prom-like, but she had on too much maekup and jewelry yet again. I swear, she reminds me of Tammy Faye Baker.....actually she could be related to her because facially ----as well as taste-wise----- she (and mom) resembles her a LOT.

  3. #63
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    She did an amazing job with this song. Definitely outsang Miley. Unfortunately, the back up singers sucked and kind of made parts of the song hard to listen to
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  4. #64
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    She did an amazing job with this song. Definitely outsang Miley. Unfortunately, the back up singers sucked and kind of made parts of the song hard to listen to

    It wouldn't have been hard to sing better then Miley, but Lauren did a great job with it. American Idol needs to hire the DWTS' in house band. There is a huge difference in the quality and sound. There has always been problems with American Idol's.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    It wouldn't have been hard to sing better then Miley, but Lauren did a great job with it. American Idol needs to hire the DWTS' in house band. There is a huge difference in the quality and sound. There has always been problems with American Idol's.
    I've heard so many complaints about DWTS' house band - although maybe that's changed because I haven't watched that show in years. I always thought they were good though.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  6. #66
    FORT Fanatic fijibeachbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sigh... in Ohio, far from the beach
    Posts
    454

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I've heard so many complaints about DWTS' house band - although maybe that's changed because I haven't watched that show in years. I always thought they were good though.
    It's not the band, it's the singers that butcher every song. If they used DWTS singers as backup, all the idols would sound better than the back-up. Talk about pitchy!
    This week was classical week and the singers were mute. They added enough band members to sound orchestral and they sounded very good.

  7. #67
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum View Post
    It's not the band, it's the singers that butcher every song. If they used DWTS singers as backup, all the idols would sound better than the back-up. Talk about pitchy!
    This week was classical week and the singers were mute. They added enough band members to sound orchestral and they sounded very good.
    That is exactly what I meant. The DWTS band is amazing. The back up singers not so much, but American Idol needs to replace both. IMO
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  8. #68
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Lauren has a good voice but what else is there? Does she have star quality? How does she stand out? She is a 16 year old girl with bad hair who can sing.

  9. #69
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,574

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Lauren sounded really great last night with Scotty in their duet together! They both blended voices very well.
    My favorite two performers.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  10. #70
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,040

    Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Lauren has a good voice but what else is there? Does she have star quality? How does she stand out? She is a 16 year old girl with bad hair who can sing.

    She has no personality or the abilty to project herself to the public. She really cannot string two words together without a giggle. Miley's voice was secondary to her star quality

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.