+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

I would love to see a stylist get ahold of her and make her look current with a wardrobe change and new hair cut and color. She is 15 and has the hair style of a 40 year old stuck in the 90's. That dark underlayer with light blonde top has been out for a long time. She has a fabulous voice, now she needs a current image. I believe Simon would have commented on this by now.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I would love to see a stylist get ahold of her and make her look current with a wardrobe change and new hair cut and color. She is 15 and has the hair style of a 40 year old stuck in the 90's. That dark underlayer with light blonde top has been out for a long time. She has a fabulous voice, now she needs a current image. I believe Simon would have commented on this by now.
    Actually her birthday is November 8, 1994 which makes her 16 right now. Recall her audition... has her appearance changed at all since then? I don't think it has. She wasn't some cutesy-pie baby-like sweet-n-innocent lil girl back then from what I recall. She had a hard, aged look about her in the first audition and still looks the same to me. If I understand correctly, at this point there are stylists working with the contestants on AI.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Actually her birthday is November 8, 1994 which makes her 16 right now. Recall her audition... has her appearance changed at all since then? I don't think it has. She wasn't some cutesy-pie baby-like sweet-n-innocent lil girl back then from what I recall. She had a hard, aged look about her in the first audition and still looks the same to me. If I understand correctly, at this point there are stylists working with the contestants on AI.
    Maybe the stylists need some updating?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

She's really such a cute girl but I agree she needs a better styling consultant. JMO but I think the biggest issue is her hair and then the overuse of make up. She's so young she really should have a more young, natural look.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Fogey

I thought most everythng about her appearance was improved. Did Ryan say that Gwen styled the girls with clothing from her line? The shorts did not do it for me since they resembled a diaper.....but everything else was good. Hair and makeup were reasly current and the top to the outfit was cute. Glad that AI is working on this aspect of the show.

I like Lauren, but she sure has a big booty for a 16 year old.

I'm beginning to like her more now. Since she did the duo with Scotty, I see her in a different light. I hope she hangs around. I think she has potential. Right now she is the only female artist left that I am eager to see anymore.

I thought she was good last night but it wasn't one of my favorite performances from her. She looked fantastic though! Probably the best she's looked on the show so far. (except the shorts, I don't think they did anything for her)

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I like Lauren, but she sure has a big booty for a 16 year old.
    This was the first time I really noticed it so I'm thinking it was the shorts.

FORT Fogey

Maybe the shorts would have been a little more becoming on a more petite girl, but it's interesting to see what they do with the rest of her each week with the long blond hair and blue eyes.

I thought she bit off a lot taking on an Aretha Franklin song. Besides the fact that the song was just a little too big for Lauren, Aretha's voice is more sassy than Lauren's.
    Lauren has a very good voice. I would have to see a list of singers to decide who I think she might should have tried, but I don't think Aretha was a good choice for her. I would have discouraged Aretha if I had been around.

Surely, there is a female artist on the list who has some hits that lean slightly toward the country side that Lauren could have chosen?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I have been a fan of Lauren's from day one, but Kelly Clarkston blew me away when she sang that during season 1.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread