+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    He was so embarrassed. He even kept saying how awkward it was. He was really shocked and at a loss for words. Lauren didn't seem to care. She kept nailing him about it. It was bizarre. LOL
    Now that was the Lauren that I expected to see during the show....from the impression I got of her during the auditions. The sweet Southern bellle didn't ring true. The quick return to that personality was interesting, but her audacity did not speak well of her.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Now that was the Lauren that I expected to see during the show....from the impression I got of her during the auditions. The sweet Southern bellle didn't ring true. The quick return to that personality was interesting, but her audacity did not speak well of her.
    This is exactly why it is so hard to tell what the true personalities of these contestants are. We can look at them and say, "Oh, I'm going to vote for her because she is such an angel, based on a 2-minute taped interview or a hug she had with another contestant or tears she shed when another contestant left. Or, "I won't vote for that contestant because she did not cry when someone got booted off or she seemed to roll her eyes at another person." This is a reality show, after all, and it doesn't always portray the "reality" of a person's character.
    --
    -
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

I did see the "reality" during the audition.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I am sure the medication was of the valium variety. It relaxes the muscles---and the nerves. Last night was the only time she sounded decent all season. Not fair to Scotty, tho. I'm sure he wasn't offered any tranquilizers. No matter. He is going to win anyway.
    --
    --
    To say I AM SURE about something is a very strong statement and needs
    to show some validity to the allegation.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    To say I AM SURE about something is a very strong statement and needs
    to show some validity to the allegation.
    Good point....I'll qualify my statement, since I have not talked to her doctor. I am not 100 percent sure, but I think it is possible that Lauren was medicated with something like Valium, because it both relaxes the muscles and serves as a tranquilizer. Mental stress can affect the muscles (vocal and otherwise) in terrible ways. The drug worked, because Lauren sounded the best she's sounded in weeks on the performance-voting night. Her vocal range just soared. There seemed to be no trace of a cold, unlike past contestants who have performed with the flu.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

To the Point

I don't see anything to suggest that Lauren can't be the sweet southern belle that so many seemed to see on the show (not what I saw, but then I'm southern but no belle....pure steel magnolia...as most of my southern friends tend to be) woven with a very heavy gauge steel thread. I don't see anything to suggest that the Lauren on AI was an imposter/fake persona. The two situations are totally different. AI is obivously a pressure cooker of stress for these kids. Pressure is off which allows for feeling more free to be open and less guarded.

I haven't seen any footage from her dealings with Piers, however, she is only 16 and sometimes 16 year olds are NOT the best at having great discernment regarding when enough is enough. Been 16 once and lived through it twice more.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 05-27-2011 at 06:22 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    Thanks for the clip. There are probably a lot of people who tried out for American Idol who also tried out for other talent shows, and vice versa. Lauren clearly is very ambitious---nothing wrong that. That's great for her. But she isn't quite the naive personality that she seemed on American Idol. Again, her more mature aspects could have been edited out by the producers to present her character in a younger way on the show.
    --
    --

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

At the very end of the clip she says she was 12...so it's not like it was last year - but close, I guess.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Thanks for the clip. There are probably a lot of people who tried out for American Idol who also tried out for other talent shows, and vice versa. Lauren clearly is very ambitious---nothing wrong that. That's great for her. But she isn't quite the naive personality that she seemed on American Idol. Again, her more mature aspects could have been edited out by the producers to present her character in a younger way on the show.
    --
    --

Don't forget Hilary Scott who tried out for Idol 2 times & never made it....Lady Antebellum wouldn't be the same without her.

+ Reply to Thread