+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Kiz

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

TMZ is reporting that Lauren has lost her voice and may not be able to compete tonight. She's under doctor's care, but if she's not able to sing, Haley will replace her in the finals.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    TMZ is reporting that Lauren has lost her voice and may not be able to compete tonight. She's under doctor's care, but if she's not able to sing, Haley will replace her in the finals.
    I just read this too...just how would that work since Haley has not practiced any songs and songs have not been chosen for her. Now that she is signed to a record deal why would she even do this to herself? Hope at this point she says no

I'm wondering if that story about her throat injury was overblown. She seemed fine to me. I thought she sounded great and did a great job. Her performances were better than Scotty's IMO. That doesn't mean a win though. If she wins, I can't say she didn't deserve it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm wondering if that story about her throat injury was overblown. She seemed fine to me. I thought she sounded great and did a great job. Her performances were better than Scotty's IMO. That doesn't mean a win though. If she wins, I can't say she didn't deserve it.
    The reason she got through the night is probably because they had her medicated. She has a great voice and will do just fine with or without the win
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I am sure the medication was of the valium variety. It relaxes the muscles---and the nerves. Last night was the only time she sounded decent all season. Not fair to Scotty, tho. I'm sure he wasn't offered any tranquilizers. No matter. He is going to win anyway.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Did anyone see Lauren on Leno last night? Even though her talking voice sounded terrible, her singing was great! Go figure.

She was very comfortable, talkative and rather a little bit in your face. I was shocked. Nothing timid about Lauren. Watch out! Was all that little girl thing an act?

Piers Morgan was on before her and she sat next to him when she came out. He told her that he thought she had a better voice than the winner. She said thanks, but your show, America's Got Talent, turned me DOWN, TWICE. She seemed very upset about it. At first, I thought she was kidding, but she kept at it. I think she was rather ticked. LOL You can probably check it out on the NBC website.

To the Point

I never saw her as timid. I just think that the show took a toll and there were times when she was seriously struggling with confidence. I have always seen a bit of sass. How did Piers react? That's funny. I bet he wasn't expecting that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I never saw her as timid. I just think that the show took a toll and there were times when she was seriously struggling with confidence. I have always seen a bit of sass. How did Piers react? That's funny. I bet he wasn't expecting that at all.
    He was so embarrassed. He even kept saying how awkward it was. He was really shocked and at a loss for words. Lauren didn't seem to care. She kept nailing him about it. It was bizarre. LOL

REF. the breathing issues that have been mentioned so much this season for Lauren. Well, last night she said she suffers with asthma. That explains it. She must need an adjustment to her medication. I guess other performers deal with it. I hope she can.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    He was so embarrassed. He even kept saying how awkward it was. He was really shocked and at a loss for words. Lauren didn't seem to care. She kept nailing him about it. It was bizarre. LOL

REF. the breathing issues that have been mentioned so much this season for Lauren. Well, last night she said she suffers with asthma. That explains it. She must need an adjustment to her medication. I guess other performers deal with it. I hope she can.
    Debb70, I guess we are just going to converse today. I had actually wondered about the possibility of asthma. Unfortunately she may always have some issue. It can be very difficult for some to be adequately controlled by medicine to the point that you don't see the affects. Hopefully she will find someone along the way, either in the medical profession or in the music industry, or both, to help her deal with the related issues. It may take meds and some creative technique changes and therapies to help her have better breath control.

Also, there are just so many issues within the AI experience that can contribute to more active asthma issues such as stress, lack of sleep, heavy use of voice which pushes breathing issues, difference in environmental triggers compared to what she may normally encounter. The list can be quite extensive. Actually a good coach/dr. might suggest that she begin some cardio program to improve lung capacity. That can be a challenge all by itself. Can you tell I struggle with asthma?
    Last edited by NCLurker; 05-27-2011 at 12:57 PM.

NCLurker, Yes, it seems we have similiar interests. LOL

It sounds like you know what you are talking about with asthma. I know people with it, but don't know much about it myself. I do recall wondering if I had it because many years ago when around smoke, mold, etc. I started coughing and couldn't exhale. I haven't had it happen in about 6 years. It was scary though.

It sounds like you have yours under control. I think Marie Osmond has it too.

+ Reply to Thread