+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I did read an interview with a bunch of country music industry insiders that said Lauren had a better chance to make something of herself in Nashville then Scotty does. It talked about American Idols who have tried and failed to cross over into the country music genre. Of course there are a few who have been accepted, but Carrie is the only one who has managed to be both successful and admired.
    I can believe that because she has a bigger voice, which country seems to love. However, neither is trying to "cross over," they're both clearly country already. I guess we'll see after the show which if either has any success.

Carrie is a superstar, but you don't need superstar status to be successful. All you have to do is be able to earn a living doing what you love, and I think this show gives contestants (if they have anything going for them at all) the opportunity to pursue.

I would buy a CD from either one of these two, depending of course on what direction they get steered in. I've loved others on Idol only to hate what they produced on their CD. So we'll just have to wait and see.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

However, neither is trying to "cross over," they're both clearly country already.

Scotty isn't, but I guarantee you if Lauren puts out a cd she will have a couple of pop songs added to her set.

Lots of country songs have crossed over and have been played on pop stations. It just depends.

Most media articles refer to her as a country/pop singer already anyways.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

In wondering, will there be an oxygen tank for Lauren waiting at the side of the stage during her performances? It might help with her lack of breath control. And a pendulum could help her keep time with the rhythm.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-22-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

pillbeam, I reckon you mean Lauren, not Haley?

--

Thanks razorbacker, I've had a chance to fix the error in my original post. You are a good editor!
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Taste of Country was tipped by a source at Universal Music Group, who tells us that McCreery’s song is called ‘Love You This Big’ and Alaina’s is titled ‘Like My Mother Does.’
    So it looks like Lauren Alaina's single is going to be titled "Like My Mother Does", which appears to be a cover of a Kristy Lee Cook song. YouTube - ‪Kristy Lee Cook Like My Mother Does‬‏

If this rumor is true her first single is a song that sounds like an ode to her stage mom, too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    So it looks like Lauren Alaina's single is going to be titled "Like My Mother Does", which appears to be a cover of a Kristy Lee Cook song. YouTube - ‪Kristy Lee Cook Like My Mother Does‬‏

If this rumor is true her first single is a song that sounds like an ode to her stage mom, too funny.
    "No one wears as much make up like my mother does"
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    "No one wears as much make up like my mother does"
    Funny, for her sake I really hope this is not going to be her single (in the wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy kind of way). Otherwise, I really hope this is her song for pure laughter, real line "When I love I give it all I got like my mother does", yeah I'm reading too much into that line but still.

Each of the two had one of their songs picked for them by their favorite. George Strait picked a song for Scotty & Carrie picked one for Lauren.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Each of the two had one of their songs picked for them by their favorite. George Strait picked a song for Scotty & Carrie picked one for Lauren.
    I guess Carrie doesn't want a lot of competition from Lauren after the season is over.
    --
    --

+ Reply to Thread