+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. At this point any one of these contestants, as far back as Casey, could have a career that is better than someone who stayed longer. Winning is not the magic ticket to stardom. Personally, I don't expect to see any of them reach the popularity of Adam, Daughtry, Kelly or Carrie.
    I don't expect to see anyone beat out Carrie....
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. At this point any one of these contestants, as far back as Casey, could have a career that is better than someone who stayed longer. Winning is not the magic ticket to stardom. Personally, I don't expect to see any of them reach the popularity of Adam, Daughtry, Kelly or Carrie.
    Honestly, I think it will take a lot to get Lauren out of her small town. I can easily see her giving up a national career to stay in her small town, raise a family and just sing at local fairs, churches, and civic events. And that's just fine, if it makes you happy. I think that may suit her personality just fine. Unless she really changes, I can't see her leaving that way of life behind.

Did you notice what she said standing at her high school, about that was the place she was going to return and graduate from. She is devoted to her hometown and that way of life. Can she do that if she wins Idol?

I'm rooting for a Lauren/Haley finale. God I wish Scotty just leaves!

Lauren has a beautiful voice, but she still sounds like Stepford teen with poor breath control and no sense of the meaning of the lyrics.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can easily see her giving up a national career to stay in her small town.
    We can all hope that that happens.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Lauren has a beautiful voice, but she still sounds like Stepford teen with poor breath control and no sense of the meaning of the lyrics.
    --
    --
    All I hear is a beautiful voice, and very on key. The lyrics/meaning thing will come later with coaching and experience. Lauren hits all three registers when she sings, as well. I don't hear Haley hitting those low low notes. Several times last night during Haley's performances, my DH and I both could not hear the words when she was struggling to hit the lower notes.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

Lauren is only 16..she will be better by age 20 (Haley's age), and get the confidence she is lacking. Lauren is a humble , shy and sweet girl...reminds me so much ~ personality wise ~ of Kelly Clarkston, even the same body type. But Lauren is purely a country singer and Kelly had more versatility. To me, Lauren is most pure voice of the 3 that are left. As the youngest, she has plenty of time to be very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    All I hear is a beautiful voice, and very on key. The lyrics/meaning thing will come later with coaching and experience. Lauren hits all three registers when she sings, as well. I don't hear Haley hitting those low low notes. Several times last night during Haley's performances, my DH and I both could not hear the words when she was struggling to hit the lower notes.
    Yeah, Haley has had performance problems too. So has Scotty, James, Pia etc. But their problems don't have anything to do with Lauren's need to improve. She's got to learn how to find a way to cope with the pacing and phrasing of a song and how to sing with a live band. I think she finds it hard to coordinate her rhythm with the rhythm of the musicians.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-19-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Lauren is only 16..she will be better by age 20 (Haley's age), and get the confidence she is lacking. Lauren is a humble , shy and sweet girl...reminds me so much ~ personality wise ~ of Kelly Clarkston, even the same body type. But Lauren is purely a country singer and Kelly had more versatility. To me, Lauren is most pure voice of the 3 that are left. As the youngest, she has plenty of time to be very successful.
    She doesn't really have a lot of time, given the track records of other Idols. They all have an expiration date.The Top 5 or 6 this season will all put out albums. If they strike it big, like Carrie, they'll keep going and improve. If not, they will fade into (relative) obscurity.
    --
    --

Lauren was one of my favorite contestants when the season started, but she lost her confidence. It is frustrating to see someone with so much talent regress. I happen to think she isn't that shy or a shrinking violet by any means. As we saw last night she was not afraid to belt it out during her audition. Even in the Hollywood rounds she was practically sitting in Steven Tyler's lap.

I did read an interview with a bunch of country music industry insiders that said Lauren had a better chance to make something of herself in Nashville then Scotty does. It talked about American Idols who have tried and failed to cross over into the country music genre. Of course there are a few who have been accepted, but Carrie is the only one who has managed to be both successful and admired.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread