+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

FORT Fan

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Thanks for responding, NCLurker. I'll wait til after the finale to contact Lauren - and now Scotty -- because I'm sure they have a little show called American Idol to think about right now! Maybe, by then, I will have found other touring idols to contact as well. This could be a wonderful project!!

It may not be first on the producers' interest lists, but if the winner suggested it (and other kids followed) it could certainly turn into a reality AND a generous service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Thanks for responding, NCLurker. I'll wait til after the finale to contact Lauren - and now Scotty -- because I'm sure they have a little show called American Idol to think about right now! Maybe, by then, I will have found other touring idols to contact as well. This could be a wonderful project!!

It may not be first on the producers' interest lists, but if the winner suggested it (and other kids followed) it could certainly turn into a reality AND a generous service.
    Maybe Lauren has started a relief campaign!
    I tweeted Nigel at dizzyfeet and asked for AI to do some promoting of the Red Cross relief.

FORT Fan

Awesome, everly!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Boomers and Everly, in keeping with your concern about the welfare of the tornado victims, you could send a donation to the American Red Cross and specify which part of the country you want it to apply to. The Red Cross has done wonderful work.
    --
    --
    The churches, the grocery stores, even my pharmacy are taking up things to help the disaster victims.
    Lowe's has a huge State Farm tent setup in its parking lot. Help is everywhere. It probably isn't enough, though, because you should see some of these places.
    I know that I gave to the Red Cross through one of the big food chain groceries here.
    The outpouring is great, but the need is still tremendous...
    The aerial shots of Tuscaloosa show blocks where the tornado hit the bases of the houses, and there just isn't anything left but rubble. The pictures are at first horrendous and then heartbreaking...

I went to pick up one of my medications, and I heard my pharmacist saying that in one town the doctor's office and the pharmacy was destroyed, so the people who survived in that town are without their medications and the records to help them easily get medications from somewhere else...
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Since James is not in it, I'd be very happy with Scotty and Lauren as the F2. Both sweet kids and they sing so well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Since James is not in it, I'd be very happy with Scotty and Lauren as the F2. Both sweet kids and they sing so well.
    It is hard to tell what is going to happen at this point. Lauren is a pretty girl with a good voice. She has the look that the country folks seem to like with the blond hair and blue eyes. She might have a chance with country/pop.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Man, it's odd no one has posted on her thread in a couple of days. I hope she's maintaining her popularity. I have picked her as going into the final two.

I think she did well last night, but she still annoys me by not using all of her vocal range. Did you notice how great her voice was when she was in her audition and was singing with Steven? Her voice was strong and the range way up there. She has not sang like that since she got to Hollywood. I'm tired of the nerves excuse. She may need to see a therapist or something. She's had time enough to deal with the nerve thing, if that is really what it is.

I think her constant refusal to go into her real high range is so frustrating and the breath mishaps drive me nuts. She's getting better, but it would helped if she could have really let go and sang to her best ability. THAT VOICE could have won it for her.

FORT Regular

Based solely on last night's show, Lauren deserves final two over Scotty.

If it were just the judges, her screwup would probably doom her. But the public might give her a pass.

Lauren outsang Scotty, who was horribly pitchy on the Kenny Rogers song.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Based solely on last night's show, Lauren deserves final two over Scotty.

If it were just the judges, her screwup would probably doom her. But the public might give her a pass.

Lauren outsang Scotty, who was horribly pitchy on the Kenny Rogers song.

You may be right, but I still don't think it's the best voice that gets the most votes. It's hard to predict because people will vote for their favorite, regardless of whether they didn't sing well last night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You may be right, but I still don't think it's the best voice that gets the most votes. It's hard to predict because people will vote for their favorite, regardless of whether they didn't sing well last night.
    I agree. At this point any one of these contestants, as far back as Casey, could have a career that is better than someone who stayed longer. Winning is not the magic ticket to stardom. Personally, I don't expect to see any of them reach the popularity of Adam, Daughtry, Kelly or Carrie.

+ Reply to Thread