+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

FORT Fan

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Where is the scoop about Lauren's hometown visit -- I find it odd that NO ONE has posted in her thread in the last eight hours....

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Tearful Idol Lauren Alaina Visits Tornado-Damaged Hometown

It was a bittersweet return to Georgia for Lauren Alaina, who finally saw up-close the May 4 tornado damage that leveled houses in her town of Rossville.

"She's trying to get her composure," mom Kristy Suddeth said Saturday after a sobbing Lauren visited a shelter at the Cherokee Valley Baptist Church as part of her American Idol homecoming. "These people don't need to see somebody crying. They need to see somebody smiling."

Lauren met 11-year-old Tyler Long, who was thrown 200 yards from his family's mobile home and managed to find and comfort family members, including his 8-year-old brother Connor and 10-month-old Ryder.

Long lost his grandfather, Jack Estep, Jr. His mother Veronica Long, who was 11 weeks pregnant, lost her baby and remains in the hospital. Infant brother Ryder is in the ICU with a bleeding brain, two broken arms and a broken leg.

"I felt scared and I prayed, but I just wanted to find my family first," Long told Alaina.

"How can you be so brave?" Alaina asked. "You've got me crying, Tyler. I'm so proud to be from Georgia just like you."

After the tragedy killed 42 people, Alaina sang Martina McBride's "Anyway" on the May 11 episode of "American Idol."
    American Idol: Lauren Alaina's Homecoming : People.com
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Tearful Idol Lauren Alaina Visits Tornado-Damaged Hometown

American Idol: Lauren Alaina's Homecoming : People.com
    Well, I know how that feels....
    She brightened his day, however, and who knows but what it may have prompted somebody from AI to do something to help the tornado victims in Georgia.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Well, I know how that feels....
    She brightened his day, however, and who knows but what it may have prompted somebody from AI to do something to help the tornado victims in Georgia.
    I can echo your feelings, Bloomers. I am thankful for any charitable views for those in such need.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    I can echo your feelings, Bloomers. I am thankful for any charitable views for those in such need.
    The town 7 miles from me took a direct hit. We lost all power, and when it did come back on, we were in such a daze, we couldn't get past what happened to Alabama in general, and Tuscaloosa in particular. We picked up things in our yards that had blown in belonging to people in Tuscaloosa 75 miles away.
    Sadly, it didn't occur to me that the same tornado blew straight out of Alabama into Georgia and tore up that part of it as well, killing some of them, too. I have no idea where that monster finally blew itself out.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fan

Everly, they never did an "Idol Gives Back" this season. If Lauren wins, perhaps that may generate serious interest in using the tour to accept contributions. Are there any other touring idols that reside in or near the tornado-stricken areas? I'd be willing to write and TRY to approach Lauren (and others) and give them the suggestion.

Boomers and Everly, in keeping with your concern about the welfare of the tornado victims, you could send a donation to the American Red Cross and specify which part of the country you want it to apply to. The Red Cross has done wonderful work.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Everly, they never did an "Idol Gives Back" this season. If Lauren wins, perhaps that may generate serious interest in using the tour to accept contributions. Are there any other touring idols that reside in or near the tornado-stricken areas? I'd be willing to write and TRY to approach Lauren (and others) and give them the suggestion.
    There were areas of NC that were hit, Raleigh being one of them. Garner is a bedroom community to Raleigh. We were hit more in pockets. The areas hit were hit hard. It just wasn't whole cities or towns. It was subdivisions. There was a family in Raleigh who lost four children to the tornadoes that hit this area. That is just beyond anything I can imagine. I have friends who were displaced for what is expected to be 6 months to a year, and one whose home was literally a pile of rubble much like so many shown on the news. Raleigh was hit in the storms that came through that first weekend when there was so many across the SE. I believe it was the weekend before the storms that were so destructive in AL, TN, etc.. Could be wrong so please correct me, those who have better memories.

Yes, The Red Cross and St. Jude's are part of my regular charity giving...ongoing.

Thanks Tammi, that was a wonderful idea! I will write to AI and make this suggestion also.

+ Reply to Thread