+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

I though Jimmy's comment about her bailing on the glory note in Unchained Melody was interesting. That's what MADE the song when Clay Aiken sang it (it still thrills me when I hear it). I was waiting for it, and was disappointed when Lauren never even tried for it. I guess we'd be making fun of her if she had tried and blown it (see Gokey). Her tears didn't move me. James's tears for missing his boy, yes. Lauren's for being taken down a (deserved) peg, no.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I though Jimmy's comment about her bailing on the glory note in Unchained Melody was interesting. That's what MADE the song when Clay Aiken sang it (it still thrills me when I hear it). I was waiting for it, and was disappointed when Lauren never even tried for it. I guess we'd be making fun of her if she had tried and blown it (see Gokey). Her tears didn't move me. James's tears for missing his boy, yes. Lauren's for being taken down a (deserved) peg, no.
    Unchained Melody was written in 1955 and sung by many recording aritsts, always hitting that high note. That note is key to the drama of this song. Clay Aiken did not do anything more than sing is correctly. It was not his rendition.

I give up! I can't seem to post anywhere on AI without people misunderstanding my point. See you all next year, if AI continues.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I give up! I can't seem to post anywhere on AI without people misunderstanding my point. See you all next year, if AI continues.
    Sorry. I thought you were giving Clay the credit for that note. No reason to storm off. Sometimes the written word is confusing.

I understand the point you're making, Gut. I was waiting for that high note in Unchained Melody, too.
    Clay did sing it very well.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Between being in the B2 and her tears, the only way Lauren will be leaving next week is if she really tanks and the others kick butt. Her fans will be rushing to save her from the same fate next week.

(And for any Lauren fans, I'm not wishing for her to leave next - just making an observation. I'd say she's only my 3rd favorite of who is left, though).

Not only did she not hit the glory note in UM, but she missed entire words & phrases in Flat On The Floor, which the judges completely glossed over.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Not only did she not hit the glory note in UM, but she missed entire words & phrases in Flat On The Floor, which the judges completely glossed over.
    Do you have any idea, though, who was responsible for Lauren's rendition of Unchained Melody? Did she herself come up with it? If not, then we are barking up the wrong tree.
    Of course, she could have insisted that she crescendoed to the high note.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Do you have any idea, though, who was responsible for Lauren's rendition of Unchained Melody? Did she herself come up with it? If not, then we are barking up the wrong tree.
    Of course, she could have insisted that she crescendoed to the high note.
    Jimmy said, in that spot last night, that she backed down from that high note and expected to see her in the bottom two. That says that he worked with her to sing that note and she panicked and backed off of it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Jimmy said, in that spot last night, that she backed down from that high note and expected to see her in the bottom two. That says that he worked with her to sing that note and she panicked and backed off of it.
    Unfortunately, then, some of those tears just may have been tears of regret, but that is how we live and learn. The school of hard knocks and all of that type thing....
    This won't be the first big, maybe huge, mistake she makes in looking back on her career.

I think she probably could have pulled some kind of big note off. I am not a music expert, but I have sat with my daughter who is and watched the music re-written in different keys (register?) to fit her particular voice. I just think that could have been done.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread