+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

I cannot believe that she is only 16. She has a beautiful voice and is definitely going to be a star
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    First, Lauren has received so much flack for her appearance that I want to comment and say that she looked fantastic last night. Her clothes were age-appropriate, stylish, and flattering to her figure. Someone did a gorgeous job on her hair.

I was disappointed on Unchained Melody. I kept waiting for the crescendo that didn't come. This is a high impact emotional song. If you are going to do it, go for it all.
    She just didn't.
    I can't quite figure out why. Was it because they were trying to keep the version more appropriate for her age, or was it because she could not vocally handle an arrangement where it crescendoed?
    Anyway, the song seemed to be left hanging to me.

I didn't know the Carrie Underwood song, but I thought she did a good job on it.
    I completely agree. Unchaind Melody was a perfect song to showcase her powerhouse voice, but the arrangement was horrible. What a wasted opportunity. I lose patience when she does stuff like that. I think the first song was done quite well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I read that also and then the paper tried to backtrack saying the concert would happen even if Lauren is eliminated before the Final Three are determined. I don't buy it. Something seems fishy.
    They may have scheduled the benefit then intentionally because if she got into the Final Three they could have it then, but if she didn't they could still have it. Since its a benefit, and I know she would probably like to do something to help the victims of the storms, it would go on either way. I doubt there's any big conspiricy here.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Well, Lauren, as usual with her singing, drained whatever beauty there is to Unchained Melody with inappropriate country riffs, poor breath control and a soulless rendition of the poignant lyrics. That's her parents' favorite song? Clearly she has no idea why.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Well, Lauren, as usual with her singing, drained whatever beauty there is to Unchained Melody with inappropriate country riffs, poor breath control and a soulless rendition of the poignant lyrics. That's her parents' favorite song? Clearly she has no idea why.
    --
    --
    Yep. I am not impressed. She is a young girl with a good voice who needs to experience more life before she gets a career rolling. And that hair needs attention. It looks 45 years old. Who "frosts" their hair anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    --
    --
    I agree that Unchained Melody was a disappointment. I don't know about "inappropriate country riffs," but it just needed to be bigger in general. That said, I think she has a beautiful voice and I think she could have a career in country music, but it would be to her benefit to go off and live some life first.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I agree that Unchained Melody was a disappointment. I don't know about "inappropriate country riffs," but it just needed to be bigger in general. That said, I think she has a beautiful voice and I think she could have a career in country music, but it would be to her benefit to go off and live some life first.
    I'm no music expert. I'll try to explain. The country riffs is this stylized vibrato where you don't only sing the note but you decorate it with trills. It's hard to explain. There's probably a term for it. Where is Liedenfrost when need you Liednfrost?
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    LeeAnn Rimes was younger when she started that Lauren is now.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    LeeAnn Rimes was younger when she started that Lauren is now.
    Yeah, age doesn't have much to do with the problem. It's an attitude about how to pay attention to the meaning of a song. LeeAnn could sing with brilliant phrasing when she was just a kid. It might be something you are born with.
    --
    --

FORT Fogey

Rimes made her breakthrough into country music in 1996. Her debut album, Blue, reached Number 1 on the Top Country Albums chart and was certified "multi-platinum" in sales by the Recording Industry Association of America. She was 13!

Lauren's tears last night were more than just fear leaving. She experienced high praise from the judges in the first weeks and then was hit with the criticism she should have gotten from the start. This undermined her confidence and left her confused. She is watching herself spiral downward and helpless to reverse the direction. Constructive criticism has been with held from all of them until recently and it has taken its toll on all who have left so far.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-06-2011 at 04:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread