+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Lauren's situation is a perfect example of WHY your nephew should wait -- just imagine how much MORE mature and prepared he would be at age 17 or 18....

Not to mention that your nephew might still be in the cambiata stage of a boy's changing voice (think of that sweet boy who almost made it to the finals this year, but he still sounded sooooo young). Let his voice fully develop and settle in before expecting to put his "crack-able" voice on public display!!

JMHO
    That's a thought. I hadn't thought about that. His voice has not changed yet, but I bet he will lose some of his high range when it does. Oh well, that's how it goes.

Oh, I don't think he will do any hair coloring. LOL He has nice blonde hair. I hope that stays the same. He's cute too. THat can't hurt.

I'm reading that Lauren has been scheduled for a benefit concert on the 14th for the tornadoe victims...that would be during the Final 3...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I'm reading that Lauren has been scheduled for a benefit concert on the 14th for the tornadoe victims...that would be during the Final 3...interesting.

I read that also and then the paper tried to backtrack saying the concert would happen even if Lauren is eliminated before the Final Three are determined. I don't buy it. Something seems fishy.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Don't they visit their hometowns during final 3 anyway?
    Count your blessings!

Didn't like her second performance at all.

I'd just like to say, that only those of us that have followed Carrie, bought her albums & have seen her in concert would have been familiar with the song Flat On The Floor. The song was never released as a single, yet Lauren got none of the flack that Haley did. Haley sings rings around both Lauren & Scotty every night, but Lauren will outlast her & Scotty will most likely win.

FORT Fogey

I'd just like to say, that only those of us that have followed Carrie, bought her albums & have seen her in concert would have been familiar with the song Flat On The Floor. The song was never released as a single, yet Lauren got none of the flack that Haley did. Haley sings rings around both Lauren & Scotty every night, but Lauren will outlast her & Scotty will most likely win.
    Interesting.

FORT Fan

I certainly have no idea, but might that be when the remaining contestants are at home for their hometown visits?? A benefit concert in her tv reel would be inspiring....

FORT Fogey

Didn't like her second performance at all.
    First, Lauren has received so much flack for her appearance that I want to comment and say that she looked fantastic last night. Her clothes were age-appropriate, stylish, and flattering to her figure. Someone did a gorgeous job on her hair.

I was disappointed on Unchained Melody. I kept waiting for the crescendo that didn't come. This is a high impact emotional song. If you are going to do it, go for it all.
    She just didn't.
    I can't quite figure out why. Was it because they were trying to keep the version more appropriate for her age, or was it because she could not vocally handle an arrangement where it crescendoed?
    Anyway, the song seemed to be left hanging to me.

I didn't know the Carrie Underwood song, but I thought she did a good job on it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Absolutely wonderful news about the benefit performance that is scheduled!
    This goes to the warm place in my heart! Thanks for posting, Razorbacker.
    Lauren did look so beautiful last night...very well done with hair and makeup.

I just wish her Unchained melody had the crescendo that Bloomers mentioned, I was waiting for it too. Lauren lost it there. Too bad, it really downgraded the song performance, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread