+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Hopefully Lauren will find some balance in all this and help managing what will undoubtedly be some kind of career, even if she does go tonight (I'm not suggesting this is likely). She's just a kid.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Hopefully Lauren will find some balance in all this and help managing what will undoubtedly be some kind of career, even if she does go tonight (I'm not suggesting this is likely). She's just a kid.
    It's hard to say whether she will have a career. There have been countless teen singers in the Top 10 since the beginning of AI show, and non of the non-winner youths have been heard from since, except possibly Archuleta.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Maybe not a platinum record career, but I think more have gone on to have some kind of career in music that you and I may not be aware of.
    Count your blessings!

Lauren used to have confidence and now the pressure is getting to her.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

As one of my front runners (in the beginning) she has slowly slipped. I hope she can get over all the negative hype being thrown her way and just sing with confidence like she did.... Waaaaayyyyyy back when!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Fogey

Yes she does need to show some confidence. The judges have done her no favors by praising her so early without giving her more direction. This has happened with all of them. She was feeling confident until they started to give her helpful critique. I think she would have gotten a handlle on things had she been exposed to suggestions from the start. And they missed the boat by not creating a new image for her. Coloring her hair (gak!) was and still is crucial and the stylist choosing her clothes is missing the mark. A good voice is not enough.

FORT Fan

I have a feeling that Lauren was instructed to tone it down a bit, but she didn't know HOW.

Do you remember her initial audition? She was WAY TOO at ease and playing around with the judges. Her comfy attitude turned me off, and I bet she was spoken to by TPTB so they could mold her into a winner that the audience would adore.

As a teacher of kids her age, I know that a 16-17 year old has no sense of modification. When offering direction, a student who wants to oblige often goes too far in the opposite direction in order to please. Lauren is easily affected by what others say about/to her and, instead of just toning it down a BIT, she completely lost her confidence.

I wish she had waited a few years before showcasing her talents on Idol.

I have a nephew who is going to audition for Idol the minute he is old enough, if they are still on the air. Is that 14 now? He is a great little singer. He is already begging his mom to let him do it and he is only 12 right now. I think he may have a shot. He has an incredible voice. I hope he will be mature enough by then to handle the pressure.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have a nephew who is going to audition for Idol the minute he is old enough, if they are still on the air. Is that 14 now? He is a great little singer. He is already begging his mom to let him do it and he is only 12 right now. I think he may have a shot. He has an incredible voice. I hope he will be mature enough by then to handle the pressure.
    Lauren's situation is a perfect example of WHY your nephew should wait -- just imagine how much MORE mature and prepared he would be at age 17 or 18....

Not to mention that your nephew might still be in the cambiata stage of a boy's changing voice (think of that sweet boy who almost made it to the finals this year, but he still sounded sooooo young). Let his voice fully develop and settle in before expecting to put his "crack-able" voice on public display!!

JMHO

FORT Fogey

And don't let him 'frost' his hair.

I promise that I will not talk about how horrid her hair color is for............hmmmm.......... ..lemme see. For another 2 hours. How bout that? I cannot promise what will happen after 6pm. It bugs me so much that her mother would have not only allowed it but probably suggested it, paid for it and drove her there! That has been out since the early 90's AND never looked good then, especially on a child! :oh no Ok. Done for now.
    Last edited by shoepie; 04-29-2011 at 03:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread