+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lauren Alaina Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Lauren Alaina Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Yet another pretty but unremarkable performance. This girl is a snooze fest.
    ---
    Totally agree. I have never seen why so many think she is so great.

I believe Lauren has that huge talent inside of her. Did anyone see Carrie Underwood sing How Great Thou Art on the special last night? It was off the charts. Anyway, I think that Lauren has a voice inside her if she would let it out. With the right song and great emotion she could deliver a song that would blow everyone's mind IMO. I just don't know if she has the mindset or courage to do it. We'll see. I think it would make for a great on-screen breakthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I believe Lauren has that huge talent inside of her. Did anyone see Carrie Underwood sing How Great Thou Art on the special last night? It was off the charts. Anyway, I think that Lauren has a voice inside her if she would let it out. With the right song and great emotion she could deliver a song that would blow everyone's mind IMO. I just don't know if she has the mindset or courage to do it. We'll see. I think it would make for a great on-screen breakthrough.
    I agree and I hope she gets her confidence back and decides to go for it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fan

Lauren is just a kid -- way too young for a competition of this magnitude and stress level. It's a shame that she was encouraged to audition so early...what a difference a couple of "confidence years" could make!

I agree. While she's never been my favorite, I've always thought she was too young for the style and image she's trying to portray.
    Count your blessings!

Okay, IMO Haley was much better than Lauren last night. I'm just not feeling her music. I don't know if it's song choice or what, but I think Haley deserves to stay based on last night's performances. I have even listed Lauren in the bottom 3 for tonight. We'll see.

This girl has great connection to the audience but no connection to the lyrics she is singing. Perhaps if she tried a little less hard to charm the audience, she would have more energy to focus on what the lyrics are saying.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

I don't find Lauren charming at all. I think she was a big fish in the little pond of her local high school and town. Her voice carried her all these years, but she has no ability to string three words together without giggling. Scottie seemed years older than she did last night during their interview. She also still is wearing the Tammy Faye Baker eye lashes.....who is doing the makeup for her?

I may seem fickle, but it seems to me that Haley is really working for this harder than Lauren by looking at their performances. There is still a big immaturity factor with Haley too, I must say. These two girls seem much more immature than any of the guys have been. And girls are supposed to mature faster than boys. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I may seem fickle, but it seems to me that Haley is really working for this harder than Lauren by looking at their performances. There is still a big immaturity factor with Haley too, I must say. These two girls seem much more immature than any of the guys have been. And girls are supposed to mature faster than boys. Hmmmm.
    Both these girls seem hyper-focused on their clothes, makeup (too much makeup!) and especially, their movements onstage. I think if they spent less time obsessing about how they wave their arms and shake their booty, they would seem more mature and would have more energy to focus on the meaning of their lyrics. Connection with the audience is a good thing, but not at the expense of connection to the lyrics. At least these girls are ahead of Pia---who had no connection to the lyrics---or the audience.
    ----
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread