+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacob Lusk Season 10

Re: Jacob Lusk Season 10

I can't get on board with Jacob. he just doesn't do it for me. He just doesn't sing the type or style of music I like, & I can't stand the faces he makes. I know there are singers who make some bad faces when they sing, but his are really annoying, plus he seems to go off key quite a bit during his perfomances. Interestingly enough, the only performance of his that I have enjoyed was "Man in the Mirror."

I think him, Hayley & Casey are gonna be bottom 3 this week, with Haley or Jacob leaving.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I can see Jacob making a gospel record and it being successful. However, I think he sounds the same no matter what he is singing.
    To me, except for Jacob and Casey, all of the contestants sound the same each week. Scotty is always cutsey country, Lauren is always cutsey pop, James is always shouting rock, etc. etc. They never vary their approach to their songs. On the other hand, Jacob and Casey always find ways of modulating their tone, rhythm and expressiveness to tell the story of a song.

Jacob has screamed in most of his performances even if the song didn't require him to.
    Which performances are you referring to? In recent weeks, he has done a great job of modulating from soft to loud and back to soft, in my opinion. For example, Bridge Over Troubled Water was beautifully sung with soft and stronger notes.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I was just sharing my opinion and to me Jacob sounds the same every week. In fact, most of the contestants sound the same every week. However, I look forward to a couple of the contestants performances. Jacob just happens to not be one of them.

Like you said he seems to have a fan base and they are pulling him through each week. I wouldn't mind if he was eliminated before the finals, but who knows what is going to happen at this point.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Okay folks, you heard it from me, a huge Jacob fan. TMZ is reporting [allegedly] that Jacob was arrested in 2009 for getting on a metro train without a ticket. He then allegedly served a day or two in jail in 2010 and got probation. He then convinced the judge to eliminate the probation because he had gotten a "golden ticket" to Hollywood for American Idol and the producers would not take him if he was on probation. I love this! Now, with a scandal behind him, he is sure to at least reach the Top 2 of American Idol. This show is so great. I can't wait for Ryan to ask Jacob about next week.

Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Celebrity News | TMZ.com

---
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-15-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Who is John Galt?

His voice is gorgeous, but I have to turn my head and not look at him. His facial expressions are off-putting. I predict a fabulous record career in his future.

I should clarify the arrest info: The day or two in jail in 2010 was connected to the one metro train incident in 2009.
    ---
    ---

FORT Fogey

He served time for that? L.A. needs to get its priorities straight. Celebs who've been convicted for drug charges spend 2 hours or so in jail. What a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    He served time for that? L.A. needs to get its priorities straight. Celebs who've been convicted for drug charges spend 2 hours or so in jail. What a mess!

Yeah, very strange.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I know. Like Chris Rock (I beleive) said, if OJ were OJ the bus driver his a-- would be rotting in jail for double murder! I'm surprised he didn't walk this last time, again!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Jacob should have just told them his name was Lindsay Lohan. Problem solved.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread