+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacob Lusk Season 10

Re: Jacob Lusk Season 10

I'm not getting this guy. His voice is what is "off" to me, and I fail to understand all the glowing reviews by the judges, etc. His dramatics don't necessarily bother me, it's his voice that just doesn't sound good - to me.
    No accounting for taste, I guess!!

Oh ugh. Jacob is one that I do not look forward to. Great voice, but too dramatic.
    "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TwirlyJet View Post
    Oh ugh. Jacob is one that I do not look forward to. Great voice, but too dramatic.
    I agree. He does nothing for me. I find myself saying this all over the board but, again, what would Simon say? He would have some valid criticism for his drama.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. He does nothing for me. I find myself saying this all over the board but, again, what would Simon say? He would have some valid criticism for his drama.
    Simon was pretty easy to predict. He would not have let 90% of what I have enjoyed as pure entertainment this season go by without slaughtering it with his cynicism; however, once in a while, Simon would go against the grain, and whenever the other two would pan a contestant ( and probably a large portion of the TV viewing audience as well in the truth were known), he would stand up for that contestant and say he rather liked the performance.
    Simon was all about drama himself.

He most likely would have something to say about Jacob's drama; however, Simon is the one who loved Fantasia, and she could be drama as well.
    Whether or not Simon would have thought Jacob was THE Idol winner, I do believe Simon would have recognized the absolute gifting in the voice of Jacob regardless of the over the top drama, the fact that he needs coaching on stage presence, and how to harness the power of his voice.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I'm not getting this guy. His voice is what is "off" to me, and I fail to understand all the glowing reviews by the judges, etc. His dramatics don't necessarily bother me, it's his voice that just doesn't sound good - to me.
    No accounting for taste, I guess!!

I agree. I want to like the guy, but whenever he starts singing, I hear him hitting notes off key. I'm not a professional, but have sang in church, school, college, etc my entire life. I thought it was just me. Everyone else thinks he's great. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree. I want to like the guy, but whenever he starts singing, I hear him hitting notes off key. I'm not a professional, but have sang in church, school, college, etc my entire life. I thought it was just me. Everyone else thinks he's great. I don't get it.
    I also can rarely understand him. I know others on the show have gotten a lot of criticism on this forum and other places for not enuciating, but I don't hear anything said about Jacob.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Regular

I was completely insulted by what Jacob said about America having a problem of not "looking at themselves" if he ends up in the bottom 3. Ridiculous, obnoxious, rude, prima-donna cr*p. There are many legit reasons why he could end up in the bottom three, including his cookie-cutter drama-performances, his wobbly and poorly executed vibrato, his awkward dancing, his goofy satin-white suit. Also his interpretation was mediocre (he did not break any new ground with it) and not everyone is required or bound to connect and relate to him as an artist. He's just a kid and not a particularly "deep" one at that. He's more theatre than thoughtful and he expects that just because he has figured out a FORMULAIC approach to pacing his songs that America must and should be emotionally moved and vote for him.

I hope he is in the bottom three. And I hope he realizes that it isn't because American public is somehow "flawed."

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    I was completely insulted by what Jacob said about America having a problem of not "looking at themselves" if he ends up in the bottom 3. Ridiculous, obnoxious, rude, prima-donna cr*p. There are many legit reasons why he could end up in the bottom three, including his cookie-cutter drama-performances, his wobbly and poorly executed vibrato, his awkward dancing, his goofy satin-white suit. Also his interpretation was mediocre (he did not break any new ground with it) and not everyone is required or bound to connect and relate to him as an artist. He's just a kid and not a particularly "deep" one at that. He's more theatre than thoughtful and he expects that just because he has figured out a FORMULAIC approach to pacing his songs that America must and should be emotionally moved and vote for him.

I hope he is in the bottom three. And I hope he realizes that it isn't because American public is somehow "flawed."
    I felt the same way. Think much of himself does he? I really do hope he's in the bottom 3, wouldn't be at all sad to see him leave either.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I felt the same way. Think much of himself does he? I really do hope he's in the bottom 3, wouldn't be at all sad to see him leave either.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I thought I would see his fans posting here. I know his has them.

I loved the song choice this week. Man in The Mirror is one of my all times favorites, but I didn't really enjoy his version. I didn't hear the off key that I normally hear. I just didn't enjoy it. I guess it's just a matter of taste, but I'm done. I'm not going to keep trying to like him.

I did enjoy Paul for once!

+ Reply to Thread