+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacob Lusk Season 10

FORT Regular

Re: Jacob Lusk Season 10

I agree that Jacob needs to sing gospel/faith songs ... if they let him.

But I'm with Randy in that I think he's listening too much to others at the cost of conveying his big emotions in a song.

I'd rather him go for it than restrain so much. I felt like he was told to stay seated last night --- and that he really wanted to stand & belt it out.

As I said in the show thread, Jacob should keep going restrained. He has so much power, that a little goes a long way for him. I don't know why Randy is egging him on....Maybe the producers want more vocal drama on the show---since it's lacking it from the other performers, except for James.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Jacob may have power in his voice, but his vibrato greatly masks his voice. IMO.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I really enjoyed Jacob's performance last night, which has only happened 1 other time, so that's saying a lot!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Jacob may have power in his voice, but his vibrato greatly masks his voice. IMO.
    How does a vibrato mask a voice? I adore Jacob's vibrato, tone, vocal range and depth.

---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

When it's too over-powering.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    How does a vibrato mask a voice? I adore Jacob's vibrato, tone, vocal range and depth.

---
    When its too much and that's all you end up listening too. What I don't like is that one tone he gets that's like screeching, I have to cover my ears.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

It sure looks to me like Jacob is a bit of an 'outsider' with the rest of the group. Did you notice last night, when Stefano was announced as going home that there was no hug between the two, just an awkward hand shaking? When Jacob walked back to the group, it didn't seem as though anyone welcomed him back to the couch. After Stefano sang his farewell song and the other six surrounded him, Jacob tried to give Stefano a hug but was rejected, and the rest of the group seemed to be ignoring him. Me thinks the manly men left there aren't too much into being friends with a gay man. I have been impressed with jacob's voice from day one and think he is mighty talented, but surely has been getting mixed signals from judges and mentors. In the beginning he didn't hold back and was criticized for facial expressions, etc. Now, he seems to be holding back and the judges tell him to let loose. He seemed very sad last night.
    it's really perennialprincess, there just wasn't enough space to fit it all in!

Quote Originally Posted by perennialprince View Post
    It sure looks to me like Jacob is a bit of an 'outsider' with the rest of the group. Did you notice last night, when Stefano was announced as going home that there was no hug between the two, just an awkward hand shaking? When Jacob walked back to the group, it didn't seem as though anyone welcomed him back to the couch. After Stefano sang his farewell song and the other six surrounded him, Jacob tried to give Stefano a hug but was rejected, and the rest of the group seemed to be ignoring him. Me thinks the manly men left there aren't too much into being friends with a gay man. I have been impressed with jacob's voice from day one and think he is mighty talented, but surely has been getting mixed signals from judges and mentors. In the beginning he didn't hold back and was criticized for facial expressions, etc. Now, he seems to be holding back and the judges tell him to let loose. He seemed very sad last night.
    I really doubt the group would shun him if he's gay. At least I hope not. It is 2011 and they appear to be intelligent, open minded young people. I didn't notice anything different with him than all the other teasing they do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    When its too much and that's all you end up listening too. What I don't like is that one tone he gets that's like screeching, I have to cover my ears.
    Each to his own. I think his vibrato is perfectly appropriate, and when you talk about screeching noises, I notice those from Haley and James, not from Jacob.
    --
    --

+ Reply to Thread