+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacob Lusk Season 10

FORT Regular

Re: Jacob Lusk Season 10

That arrest is a big ..... meh. Moving on.

Jacob needs to tell Jimmy I to shove it and sing the songs that he wants to sing, imo.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    That arrest is a big ..... meh. Moving on.

Jacob needs to tell Jimmy I to shove it and sing the songs that he wants to sing, imo.

I have to disagree. Jimmy told Jacob to tone down the fancy stuff when he first met him. In response, Randy ( who apparently loves that stuff) told him to keep on keeping on. Since Jacob has toned it down, he must have realized that it was to his benefit to do so....and BOTW turned out to be a great choice....inspirational but not cheezy.

FORT Fanatic

I think Jacob seems to be a very nice young man with a potentially great voice. I don't especially care for his vibrato and wish he could control it a
    little better. However, I do have to say that I am getting just a mite disturbed to have to see his uvula every week. The cameras need to pull back
    some.

Those cameras are a menace to open mouth singing. I've noticed that when Lauren sang the first duet a couple of weeks ago they really zoomed in.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Jimmy told Jacob to tone down the fancy stuff when he first met him. In response, Randy ( who apparently loves that stuff) told him to keep on keeping on. Since Jacob has toned it down, he must have realized that it was to his benefit to do so....and BOTW turned out to be a great choice....inspirational but not cheezy.
    I agree. For Jacob, at least, Jimmy has been right on the money with advice. I had thought a couple weeks ago that Jacob should do something Garfunkel-like, because they have similar vocal ranges, and Jacob's gospel sensibility could be adapted interestingly to S*G songs. Jacob's Bridge Over Troubled Water was very good, and a little out of the box for him--which is a good thing
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

How American Idol Helped Erase Jacob Lusk's Rap Sheet

American Idol contestants are no stranger to the long arm of the law. Just ask also-rans Stephanie Edwards and Chikezi Eze and the current season's Stefano Langone.

Now we can add finalist Jacob Lusk to the mix.

MORE: American Idol Elimination: Another Big Upset

E! News has learned Langone's rival got into trouble when back in February 2009, when he was arrested for riding on an L.A. Metro train without purchasing a ticket. He later failed to show up for his court date and a warrant was issued for his arrest in April 2009.

He finally appeared in court last November. The warrant was recalled, he pleaded no contest and was convicted of misdemeanor count of evasion of fare.

According to a court spokeswoman, he was immediately sentenced, receiving three days of credit for jail (so he never actually did time). He also was ordered to fork over $100 restitution and was put on probation for two years.

Now here's where A.I. comes in...

The aspiring singer did his time and paid his fine, but he ended up going back to the judge begging to have his probation rescinded. His reason? Idol producers would never let Lusk compete on the show if he was still on probation. Lucky for him, the judge was sympathetic and ended his probation.

"The probation was terminated," confirms a court spokeswoman, with the move coming just before his Idol audition.

Guess A.I. does have its privileges on occasion.

Since then, the Compton native has won the admiration of Idol judge Randy Jackson for a number of renditions, but he was one of the bottom three that saw Pia Toscano unexpectedly eliminated last week.
    How American Idol Helped Erase Jacob Lusk's Rap Sheet - E! Online
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I wish the arrest news hadn't come out. I think it will help Jacob with votes.

I must say that I loved Jacob's performance last night. Even though the judges had some comments, I thought it was his best ever. I didn't notice any problems. I saw him remove his ear piece, thought there was a problem, but he kept singing and I enjoyed it.

FORT Fogey

Randy apparently has a thing for that big singing. Back when the show first started, Jimmy told Jacob to hold back--not every note has to be stretched out and Randy told him then to go for it. Smartly, the kid is holding back as per Jimmy's advice and I think that has helped him continue on the show. That kind of big singing just gets old very quickly. Randy again told him to go for it last night, even though the song was very well done and restrained.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Randy apparently has a thing for that big singing. Back when the show first started, Jimmy told Jacob to hold back--not every note has to be stretched out and Randy told him then to go for it. Smartly, the kid is holding back as per Jimmy's advice and I think that has helped him continue on the show. That kind of big singing just gets old very quickly. Randy again told him to go for it last night, even though the song was very well done and restrained.
    I want Jacob to find a gospel song and go for it full out. I liked him better less restrained as well. R&B is so boring.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread