+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

I love Haley's voice and thought she killed it singing Janis Joplin (there was just a little overkill with the growling) Next week I'd love to hear her do Alanis Morissette, "Uninvited" from the movie City of Angels
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    I love Haley's voice and thought she killed it singing Janis Joplin (there was just a little overkill with the growling) Next week I'd love to hear her do Alanis Morissette, "Uninvited" from the movie City of Angels
    I am a hard core Janis Joplin fan and Haley did a fabulous job; no overkill for me. Janis was all about over kill and Haley did her proud.

I am sitting up and paying attention to her now. She impressed me. She may be the dark horse. You go Haley! I will vote for her. I have never voted before on any show, ever. This changed when I heard her this week.

I hope she will get support if only a save the women vote so she can stay longer and we can get to know her more. Some may tire of the leading men and take more notice of her.

I think "Total Eclipse of The Heart" would be a good song for Haley to sing this week. It was most recently in the movie Urban Legends, but I have heard it in other movies as well.

Bonnie Tyler originally sang that song, but Haley sounds more like Kim Carnes. Either way I think it would be a good choice for her.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    She swings her left arm up and down while walking and smiling no matter what the lyrics. It just doesn't fit. I read a comment about her on JU the other night that made me laugh. It said she was like "Janis on Glee".
    I agree, she swings her arms up high like she is hailing a cab every performance. But I think she has great potential as singer and I think she is one of the best vocalists this season.
    ----
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fanatic

And one of the most arrogant. I didn't particularly like the look on her face when Pia was announced the one going home. She was having to make herself
    appear to be sad and upset.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    And one of the most arrogant. I didn't particularly like the look on her face when Pia was announced the one going home. She was having to make herself
    Why does she have to be upset that Pia was eliminated? It's a competition and Pia was one of the strongest competitors, if they weren't friends there is no reason for her to be sad about it imo.

FORT Fanatic

The other contestants probably also saw her as competition but they reacted in a more mature manner. I'm not saying this about Haley's reaction
    because I was a Pia fan. I just think there comes a time when one could at least try to hide true feelings and be a little more considerate of others
    when they are eliminated. She'll probably know for herself how it feels to be eliminated in about 2 weeks.

The other contestants probably also saw her as competition but they reacted in a more mature manner. I'm not saying this about Haley's reaction
    because I was a Pia fan. I just think there comes a time when one could at least try to hide true feelings and be a little more considerate of others
    when they are eliminated. She'll probably know for herself how it feels to be eliminated in about 2 weeks.
    I honestly didn't see anything wrong with the way she reacted, her facial expression was very similar to Lauren's when the cut to the two of them right after Ryan read the results - they both looked shocked to me. I guess we will just agree to disagree.

Was that last sentence supposed to sting? lol Just because she's one of my favorites doesn't mean I don't know that her days aren't numbered on the show - that is usually the case with my faves.

FORT Fanatic

The statement was in no way meant to sting. I'm sorry that you took it that way.

Actually if you read the article that was up on Comcast's site about the night Pia left, Haley was very upset and crying after the tape stopped rolling. She was also getting the crowd to continue to cheer for Pia.

I think she was actually happy to have Stefano safe, and sad to see Pia go, which is why you may have not seen her upset immediately after the results were given.

+ Reply to Thread