+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    Too bad she can't win, as she's the next "threat to little girls" that will be voted off.
    Threat to little girls?? In what way?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Here's my problem with Haley. She has no connection with the songs and does the same arm movements and smiles no matter what the words. She has an okay voice and can be good at times but then she starts growling way too much. I just think the judges should give her direction instead of leading her to believe she's doing great all the time.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Threat to little girls?? In what way?
    Females get voted off based on gender more than talent, and most voters are young females.

I think Haley started out a little rough when the Top 13 started to perform, but she listened to the judge's advice and has been nailing it ever scene. JMO
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    Here's my problem with Haley. She has no connection with the songs and does the same arm movements and smiles no matter what the words. She has an okay voice and can be good at times but then she starts growling way too much. I just think the judges should give her direction instead of leading her to believe she's doing great all the time.
    Perhaps she has no connection for you but I think she does just fine. Folks on this forum are way to quick to try & find fault. As to the arm movements? Arms only move in so many directions, if she stops that the next thing we'll hear is that she's to wooden, she never moves her arms. It is always something.

FORT Fogey

Haley was always my least favorite girl in the top 13. I was so sure she'd be gone. I just cannot understand her or why she growls all the time. In my mind she is as bad as Rachel Zevita. I just don't understand why she is still in the competition over every single girl that has left.
    I think she may be viewed as the underdog. Well, any girl is an underdog this year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Perhaps she has no connection for you but I think she does just fine. Folks on this forum are way to quick to try & find fault. As to the arm movements? Arms only move in so many directions, if she stops that the next thing we'll hear is that she's to wooden, she never moves her arms. It is always something.
    She swings her left arm up and down while walking and smiling no matter what the lyrics. It just doesn't fit. I read a comment about her on JU the other night that made me laugh. It said she was like "Janis on Glee".

I also don't like her voice all that much but that's subjective. I think the judges aren't doing her any favors by raving about her performances when there's clearly some things she should work on.

Females get voted off based on gender more than talent, and most voters are young females.
    I don't think that's true, is there proof of this anywhere? I think the demographic for the show has aged upward over the years anyway. I think they get voted off because they haven't connected with enough of the people who do vote. Last season we had a girl semifinalist.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

I like Haley and hope to see her gain in popularity. She seems to be moving up as she avoided the bottom 3 last week. I am rooting for her to make it far.

I disagree. The girls are getting voted off because they simply aren't as good as the guys this year. Now if Pia had a personality that matched her voice (on stage) I bet she would still be safe.

+ Reply to Thread