+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by duchick64 View Post
    While Pia has an excellent voice, Haley has more presence on stage, IMO

I think she has been a performer and grew up with parents that also were musicians, but she connects with the audience and Pia has yet to move from the same spot week after week on the stage. I keep waiting for her to show some spunk. That is something Haley isn't lacking.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Haley is the only woman left in the competition who can sing with any soul or spirit. If she could drop the over-sexed posing and tacky stage movements, she could be fabulous.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Haley is the only woman left in the competition who can sing with any soul or spirit. If she could drop the over-sexed posing and tacky stage movements, she could be fabulous.
    --
    --
    I like her. She doesn't have a super strong voice, but I like her tone. She, Naima, and Thia have the nicest sounding voices IMO.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    --
    --
    If she could drop the over-sexed posing and tacky stage movements I might be able to tolerate her (but that's the best I can offer LOL).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    If she could drop the over-sexed posing and tacky stage movements I might be able to tolerate her (but that's the best I can offer LOL).
    I agree! Her voice still reminds me of Scooby Doo.
    I just don't see what others see in her. I prefer all of the eliminated contestants to her.

I have to strongly disagree. I think she is amazing and we have yet to really see what she is capable of as a performer. Maybe I am bias, but I think she brings it every week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Haley TORE IT UP last night. She & Pia were 1 & 1A...

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I just don't see what others see in her. I prefer all of the eliminated contestants to her.
    I absolutely loved her version of Blue, but I think my opinion of her has been going down since then. I did like Rocket Man, but she should stop trying to please the judges and be herself. So they've said Janis? If it were me, I would have avoided any Janis songs like the plague.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I have to strongly disagree. I think she is amazing and we have yet to really see what she is capable of as a performer. Maybe I am bias, but I think she brings it every week.
    I agree. I think she puts her all into each of her performances and it shows. I hope she can survive this week!

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I absolutely loved her version of Blue, but I think my opinion of her has been going down since then. I did like Rocket Man, but she should stop trying to please the judges and be herself. So they've said Janis? If it were me, I would have avoided any Janis songs like the plague.
    Normally, I would agree about not following the judges' advice. But I think the Janice Joplin song choice worked in her favor last night: Haley showcased her great voice and soul while avoiding the faux-sexpot stage maneuvers. [Some of her growling sounded fake, tho.]
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread