+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I'm a huge fan of hers, but I really don't think so. There was just no way she (or anyone) could have broken up the double-country finale. The finale has been pretty obvious for quite a while now IMO.
    I think Scotty was a lock, but not so sure about Lauren.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I think Scotty was a lock, but not so sure about Lauren.

Nigel wanted a Lauren and Scotty finale. Lauren was almost more popular then Scotty before the Top 24 performed. Remember Scotty was the bully who made that other guy in their original group cry during Hollywood week. The audience at home wasn't so happy with that. Then he broke down because he claimed he felt bad about it. I think Lauren had a chance to step up and win this season, but she let the pressure get to her.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I loved the number she did with Tony Bennett. I think it's such a great thing that musical royalty, like Mr. Bennett would come on AI. IT's shocking. Same goes for Tom Jones. It's so nice for them to do this.
    Maybe not so shocking, considering that the AI finale had over 35 million viewers. Bennett, and even Gaga, would never get that kind of exposure from any other venue--TV or otherwise.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Haley will appear on Regis and Kelly Thursday, 6-2-11.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Thanks, I'll check out the Regis show.
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Kiz

Haley Reinhart's Original Song Cut From 'American Idol' Finale for Bono

When Bono comes a-knockin', ratings come a-flockin', and not even an original song from 'Idol' fan favorite Haley Reinhart is safe.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Haley Reinhart was supposed to debut an original song during the 'American Idol' season 10 finale, but those plans were squashed to make room for Bono and the cast of 'Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.

"That was going to happen," Reinhart said when asked about performing an original song. "And then Bono came in and it was taken away."

However, Reinhart didn't sound too upset about the change. During the finale, the 'Idol' contestant was able to sing with the legendary Tony Bennett.

"It was absolutely amazing," Reinhart said about her performance with Bennett. "He made it such a comfortable experience. He was just very cool, calm and collected. I was just in shock a little bit."

In the end, Reinhart seemed at peace with having her song cut. "Everything happens for a reason, so it's all good," she said.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

THANK YOU! I was wondering what happened.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Nigel wanted a Lauren and Scotty finale. Lauren was almost more popular then Scotty before the Top 24 performed. Remember Scotty was the bully who made that other guy in their original group cry during Hollywood week. The audience at home wasn't so happy with that. Then he broke down because he claimed he felt bad about it. I think Lauren had a chance to step up and win this season, but she let the pressure get to her.
    Sorry to disagree, but this was not the way it was portrayed when it happened. Scotty was a bystander to all of this. He was not the one who made the decision, he just didn't stand up for him. Does that make him complicit? Perhaps, but it doesn't make him the bully who orchestrated the whole situation.

And just to make this about Haley since this is her thread. I hope she has a very successful career. Wasn't always crazy about her performances but I do think she has great potential.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    THANK YOU! I was wondering what happened.
    You're welcome. I was wondering why she didn't perform as well. It must have been quite a roller coaster day for her, not knowing if she was going to be subbed in for Lauren and then not singing her original song as planned. I'm glad she enjoyed her duet with Tony Bennett though. I thought she sounded terrific.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fanatic

Just saw Haley on Regis and Kelly. Of course, she had on a short skirt to show off her legs again. She was just as obnoxious as ever and just as
    irritatingly growley. She said she had an even more 'froggy' voice when she was little. Hard to understand how it could hsve been worse than it
    is today. Her performance of House of the Rising Sun was not as good as when she sang it on idol. I know it's harder to sing early in the morning
    so I'll give her credit. I'm sure she will make it as a professional singer but her singing is not my idea of being entertained. I'm in the minority when
    it comes to Haley, but I like it there.

+ Reply to Thread