+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Haley with Tony Bennett was really good! Loved it, she is terrific with jazzy numbers. Go Haley!!

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    Haley with Tony Bennett was really good! Loved it, she is terrific with jazzy numbers. Go Haley!!
    I think she found where she belongs musically.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    She was great last night with Tony Bennett. He should open a spot for her on his duets album she was made to sing that type of music.
    Haley strikes me as being too defensive, but that's easy for me to say since I can only guess that I'd be 100x worse, I think.

Otherwise, I like Haley. Always have. And, last night's performance with Tony Bennett and her group performances with the other reminded me why. SHe does have a very unique and nice tone to her voice.

She's cute and has a glow about her onstage. Just guessing, but I think she might be one to come out of this with a decent career.

Haley did a great job last night with Tony Bennett. She has star power and great singing chops. And I bet she is relieved she didn't have to take over for Haley. Last-minute subbing like that can be a nightmare to prepare for.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

i thought the duet with tony bennett sucked completely. sounded like a bad rehearsal to me.

I liked Haley's duet, and it amazed me that Tony Bennett can still sing as well as he can considering the man is 85 years old.

Someone in a different thread said that Haley probably had never even heard of Tony Bennett because she is so young, but with her families musical background, I would be really surprised if she hadn't, at the very least heard of him, but also admires him.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I liked Haley's duet, and it amazed me that Tony Bennett can still sing as well as he can considering the man is 85 years old.

Someone in a different thread said that Haley probably had never even heard of Tony Bennett because she is so young, but with her families musical background, I would be really surprised if she hadn't, at the very least heard of him, but also admires him.
    She might not be a fan, but I agree with her musical heritage, she had to have heard of the guy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

If she had sung like that all season (instead of the screaming), she may have won. Or at least come in second.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    If she had sung like that all season (instead of the screaming), she may have won. Or at least come in second.
    I'm a huge fan of hers, but I really don't think so. There was just no way she (or anyone) could have broken up the double-country finale. The finale has been pretty obvious for quite a while now IMO.

I loved the number she did with Tony Bennett. I think it's such a great thing that musical royalty, like Mr. Bennett would come on AI. IT's shocking. Same goes for Tom Jones. It's so nice for them to do this.

+ Reply to Thread