+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Thanks for the article Love Me! She really is grateful for the experience AI provided her. I can't wait to see what her album brings us!!
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

In those articles she does seem to be articulate and smart. Too bad about the bleeps.

The thing is, she is 20 and is already, what could be called headstrong, and her folks are performers which has given her some insight. She considers and questions advice but will then do what she wants anyway. That's not necessarily wrong ... but just is what it is.

I think the producers prefer the more impressionable and malleable Lauren and Scotty.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    In those articles she does seem to be articulate and smart. Too bad about the bleeps.

The thing is, she is 20 and is already, what could be called headstrong, and her folks are performers which has given her some insight. She considers and questions advice but will then do what she wants anyway. That's not necessarily wrong ... but just is what it is.

I think the producers prefer the more impressionable and malleable Lauren and Scotty.

I didn't get that from the interactions Haley had with Iovine. I think the guy sees a whole world of potential in her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    [/B]

I didn't get that from the interactions Haley had with Iovine. I think the guy sees a whole world of potential in her.
    He sees that with the right song she can sing in several genres and deliver with a huge bang. I'd call that potential.
    Again, the key is the right song, and he's probably the right man to help find just the right song....
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read on another thread that people though Haley was rude in attitude when she lost out. I took it that she was deeply hurt and trying to hide it. Yes, she was little ticked off, but that's understandable.

I did think her departing speech of praising herself for what she has done was a little much, but she was in shock and probably not thinking clearly.

I could see Casey cheering for her, but I didn't see her acknowledge him. Did she?
    EW did another article about what happened behind the scenes of Thursday night's show. The author mentioned that Casey left right at the end of the show and waited for Haley outside with her parents. Once she was done hugging the other contestants, judges, etc. Haley went outside and Casey was the first one she hugged.

I think they're trying to stop these "couple" rumors from perpetuating, whether true or not. =)

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    [/B]

I see what you are saying ... but I do think that she obviously will not be "controlled" and has her own mind and that's ok but she needed to be more circumspect. She has some talent but lacks some ... polish ?

As for her "attitude", in my opinion I do think that she was trying to turn that perception around, probably at her parents urging. They have to be reading and hearing what people have been saying.

It's just that I think AI can be compared to a job interview. During the interview, you don't tell management how to write the job description. You either accept the job or decline IF it's offered.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I see what you are saying ... but I do think that she obviously will not be "controlled" and has her own mind and that's ok but she needed to be more circumspect. She has some talent but lacks some ... polish ?

As for her "attitude", in my opinion I do think that she was trying to turn that perception around, probably at her parents urging. They have to be reading and hearing what people have been saying.

It's just that I think AI can be compared to a job interview. During the interview, you don't tell management how to write the job description. You either accept the job or decline IF it's offered.

Extremely well said.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

As others mentioned, I think Jimmy I sees a lot of potential in Haley too. If he was flabbergasted at the judges responses to some of her performances, he probably either kept it muted or AI chose not to show it. The strongest response we saw from him was regarding You and I. He knew she knocked it out of the ballpark, and that she was unfairly criticized for doing an unknown song, when some of the other songs weren't much more known. And there was little acknowledgment from Randy or JLo about how well she performed it. I'm reading between the lines a little, but Jimmy seemed at least perturbed for being criticized for suggesting she do it. I have a feeling he still thought it was a great idea (I thought it was the best performance and song the first half of the show). I'll bet he's salivating to work with her.

FORT Fogey

While 21 may seem much older than the 16 and 17 that Lauren and Scotty are, it has to be remembered that 21 really isn't very old at all.
    Just think back to when most of us were 21. Were those the soundest thoughts and decisions we have made?
    I laugh and call my college years "my misspent youth", and invariably people chuckle say, "Don't we all?"

Haley is 2 years off being a teen-ager. I think it is Mark Twain who probably put it best when he said (paraphrasing), "When I was young, I thought my parents knew nothing. I was amazed at how much they had learned when I grew up." (Adolescent Pyschology 1800s humor)
    ......application Haley and most of the rest of us as well.

Someone else noted that Haley had grown up with performing parents, Haley had survived the bottom 3 several times, and had the kind of confident attitude (get knocked down, get up and try again) that was necessary to succeed in the industry.
    I have to agree with this. At this point, you betcha she will start listening to her parents, Jimmy and other pros as well. She will have to be comfortable with her music, but there feetback will be very important because they have been successful, and that is what she wants as well.

As far as her attitude when it was announced she was not advancing... I thought she looked stunned and that it took her several seconds to process the news and how she would word what to say. She had managed to make it before, and now she did not. It took a few moments to process that.
    I am objective enough to see that, I believe.

Having said that, I did not think Haley would make it into the Final 2 although I believe that she has the most and varied musical ability of the three. She is the least overall favored.

Notice that they say, "Who is your American Idol?" That phrase implies who do you look up to and almost adore. It does not mean who has the best voice and is the most gifted and musically talented.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Haley made it to the Top 3 of American Idol, surpassing James, Casey, Pia, Jacob etc. So, she passed her "job interview" with flying colors, especially with Jimmy Iovine, whom she listened to carefully. I attribute a lot of her positive evolution over the season to her paying attention to Iovine.

Thank you, LoveMe for the article. One of the things that struck me is how often Haley arranged her own songs. She is one of the minority of contestants who can do that, like Casey, Adam and Kris Allen. So she had more artistry to contribute to the process, making her (musically) a little more independent than the other contestants. That artistic independence is what will make her a success and is what so impressed all of the music critics who preferred Haley over the others.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread