+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

I really like Haley. Like Steven T. said, she sings sexy. She let loose a little tonight and I thought she did great. If she can find songs to do that with each week, I think I'd really like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Haley blew me away tonight when she sang "Bennie And The Jets". She is getting better each week. By far one of my favorite contestants this season.
    Me, too! She was by far the best performance of the night for me. She has grown on me so much since she made the Top 13, she's my favorite girl now for sure. I gave her all of my votes last night and I really hope she sticks around.

P.S. I love your avatar!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I really do not care for anything about her. Looking forward to when she is finally voted off. In fact, if it were a "vote for who you want to leave" situation, my phone line would be burnt to a crisp.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

That was a true star making performance. It's the Haley I have seen from the beginning...nice to see others finally catching on. She can do things with her voice others can only dream of.

I guess I'm dating myself here, but Haley reminds me of Rickie Lee Jones - I could see her singing Chuck E's in Love, with the same enunciation issues as Rickie Lee Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I really do not care for anything about her. Looking forward to when she is finally voted off. In fact, if it were a "vote for who you want to leave" situation, my phone line would be burnt to a crisp.
    Totally agree. Sick of her growling through every song. Hated the way she began 'teenage Dream' last night. She growled through all of her lines.

Quote Originally Posted by amna View Post
    Totally agree. Sick of her growling through every song. Hated the way she began 'teenage Dream' last night. She growled through all of her lines.
    I noticed it and didn't like it either.

FORT Fogey

I think Haley is a phenomenal singer and entertainer.

Haley is my favorite of the girls ... and Brierpatch, I didn't even think of it - but there is definitely a Rickie Lee quality about her voice and I love Rickie Lee - have seen her live many times. I thought Lauren was going to be my favorite girl before the season started, but she's kind of lost her luster for me (although her duet with Scotty last night was beautiful). Haley is interesting and diverse and jazz/blues is her homefield.

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    Haley is interesting and diverse and jazz/blues is her homefield.
    Yes! Haley had me at "Blue" a few weeks ago.

I have wondered why Haley is so underrated. She is definitely my favorite of the girls, although Lauren is growing on me, especially after she toned down the "spoiled brat" personality. Pia is nearly a flawless singer technically, but is too Miss America Pageant-y. Haley is much more natural.

I loved her and Scotty singing that duet -- even though I am not a country music lover. I'm surprising myself this year for sure.

+ Reply to Thread