+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

I really thought she'd go home last night. I didn't even think she should be in the top 12 so was surprised but kudos to her for making the tour.

I feel like she's playing the Haley Scarnato card with the shorts which bugs me although her voice is somewhat better. Hopefully she doesn't pull out the patriotic song next a la Kristy Lee Cook.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I really thought she'd go home last night. I didn't even think she should be in the top 12 so was surprised but kudos to her for making the tour.

I feel like she's playing the Haley Scarnato card with the shorts which bugs me although her voice is somewhat better. Hopefully she doesn't pull out the patriotic song next a la Kristy Lee Cook.
    I must say that it doesn't bug me in the least.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Yay for Haley! I think she has a slim chance to make it past this week's double elimination, but I'm so glad she made it to the tour. I totally didn't expect that to happen, so it was a pleasant surprise.

I don't know what it is with AI, but I have a thing for rooting for the ones who seem to be bottom feeders but miraculously make it through further than expected. That's what Haley is this season. Don't get me wrong, I'm liking her voice... but it's a pattern that I've noticed with some of my favorites in the past (examples: Melissa McGhee, Kristy Lee Cook). I think it's because they have an underdog factor to them. I can't help but root for the underdog!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I think Haley is the best female singer left: She's got plenty of vocal power and range but she's also got soul---something really lacking in the other females. But I can't stand to watch Haley. She moves like a male drag performer desperately trying to impersonate a woman. Can't she just stand still for once and maybe move an arm?
    ---
    ----
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I think Haley is the best female singer left: She's got plenty of vocal power and range but she's also got soul---something really lacking in the other females. But I can't stand to watch Haley. She moves like a male drag performer desperately trying to impersonate a woman. Can't she just stand still for once and maybe move an arm?
    ---
    ----
    Now when I watched her that's all I'll be able to think about

Haley blew me away tonight when she sang "Bennie And The Jets". She is getting better each week. By far one of my favorite contestants this season.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Newbie

Haven't felt the need to post about anyone on idol since Eliot Yamin...but this girl really surprised me tonight with her bennie & the jets. I actually agreed with the judges when they kept saying she didn't know who she was. Its like she wants to be what Pia is. But she's so much more and better. Great range, power, and that incredible bluesy quality. Her transitions from growly sexy to soft and almost girly is very impressive. Tonight's song was the first time I really saw the whole package. No doubt in my mind now...she's the best female in the competition. I'll really be rooting for her now because I know she's got the goods. She had a real moment.

But I totally agree with pillbeam. She flails up there. She needs to stand still with a mic stand in front of her.

Quote Originally Posted by ballin1 View Post
    But I totally agree with pillbeam. She flails up there. She needs to stand still with a mic stand in front of her.
    I agree totally. I can definitely see why they saved her performance for last!

Speaking of having her stand still, I really loved her early performance of Leeann Rimes's "Blue" and couldn't really understand the criticism of her at that time. Haley stood there in a simple, lovely deep blue dress and sang the heck out of that song, and I think the thanks she got for that was to land in the bottom 3. Never could comprehend how that happened...

Pia and Thia bore me... Lauren is growing on me, but Haley? Easily my favorite girl, and has been for weeks now.

Haley, you can sing, girl!! Love your voice, love how you can sing anything, any style....but stay off the piano! Please!

The Lee Ann Rimes type performance was by far your best, in my estimation.
    No one else can match that performance at all.

Bennie and Jets, great!!

Please leave the sexy vamp stuff alone!!! Please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Haley blew me away tonight when she sang "Bennie And The Jets". She is getting better each week. By far one of my favorite contestants this season.
    Didn't like Haley much till last nite. My goodness I could have listened to her sing that song all night long. Absolutely the best performance of the night. I think she found her wings, now let's see if she can fly.

+ Reply to Thread