+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

FORT Fan

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Haley's voice doesn't offend me, but her ATTITUDE does when she is receiving criticism! Those eye rolls, snide looks (and even crude language) gives the appearance that she considers herself the ultimate singer of all time! IF she WERE so amazing, she would not need to waste her time competing on a television show....

She may find a record producer and get signed, but she'll be dropped as soon as they realize that she is not coachable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    Haley's voice doesn't offend me, but her ATTITUDE does when she is receiving criticism! Those eye rolls, snide looks (and even crude language) gives the appearance that she considers herself the ultimate singer of all time! IF she WERE so amazing, she would not need to waste her time competing on a television show....

She may find a record producer and get signed, but she'll be dropped as soon as they realize that she is not coachable.
    I'm not crazy about Haley's performances, but the judges have been doing a lousy job of critiquing the performers. I had no idea what they were trying to tell Halely, so I wouldn't blame her if she rolled her eyes.
    --
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post

Everyone on the show, year after year, has, at one time or another, been told to take a chance, step out of the box. Haley does & gets excoriated for it & she has been the brunt of the most brutal criticism almost every week. If I were her, eye rolling would be the least of my response. I have 2 middle fingers.

There is an article every week where they interview the vocal coaches on the show & they talk about song choices & performances. This week when talking about Haley, it was brought up about how disappointed Jimmy Iovine is that the American public doesn't realize how good this girl is. I have no doubt that Haley will be signed & have a really fine recording career. Her studio versions are at the top of the heap week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I'm not crazy about Haley's performances, but the judges have been doing a lousy job of critiquing the performers. I had no idea what they were trying to tell Halely, so I wouldn't blame her if she rolled her eyes.
    --
    ---
    Exactly what you said! While I liked Haley, it wouldn't have mattered who they were discussing ... it made little sense. Where is one to turn after a critique like that. I mean common, they say it's a bad choice to sing a virtually unknown song but then put the kibosh on songs that are too well known.. No wonder so many of the contestants get "lost in translation".

Maybe the judges should be conferring with Jimmy I, since they differ so much with their opinions. i.e... Jacob, Jimmy I tells him to sing soft and tender yet Randy wants him belting his song choice. Where's the poor guy supposed to go?
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I have no doubt that Haley will be signed & have a really fine recording career. Her studio versions are at the top of the heap week in week out.
    You may be right -- let's check back right here in one year and see!! It can be our Cinco de Mayo date!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Everyone on the show, year after year, has, at one time or another, been told to take a chance, step out of the box. Haley does & gets excoriated for it & she has been the brunt of the most brutal criticism almost every week. If I were her, eye rolling would be the least of my response. I have 2 middle fingers.

There is an article every week where they interview the vocal coaches on the show & they talk about song choices & performances. This week when talking about Haley, it was brought up about how disappointed Jimmy Iovine is that the American public doesn't realize how good this girl is. I have no doubt that Haley will be signed & have a really fine recording career. Her studio versions are at the top of the heap week in week out.
    Spfffffffffff.....spitting coffee out and laughing out loud!!! about the middle fingers part!!! Loved it!!!
    Best response in a long time!!!!!!!!!!
    Haley is terrific IMO.
    Last edited by everly2; 05-05-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: to add more

Final FOUR! I can't believe it!

If you have some free time, read through this whole thread. I think it speaks volumes about the journey that Haley has gone through. She seemed destined to be voted off around the Top 12 but then slowly grew a fanbase with great performances. ("Benny and the Jets" was arguably her breakthrough moment.) It then looked like she was an also-ran who overstayed her time in the competition but kept continuing to improve each week. And now she's made it to the F4!

Can we keep this going? I hope so!

If you have some extra free time, there are a couple of videos of Haley on YouTube when she was younger. My favorite is the one where she sings "Like a Star" by Corinne Bailey Rae. I posted it in the spoiler thread a week back, but I'll also post it here: YouTube - like a star, while back in 2008
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

The thing I go back to is Haley was voted into the Top 13. She wasn't a wild card and beat out some tough competition in the Top 24. She has been my favorite from the beginning. It has been such a joy seeing her grow as an artist these last couple of weeks.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    The thing I go back to is Haley was voted into the Top 13. She wasn't a wild card and beat out some tough competition in the Top 24. She has been my favorite from the beginning. It has been such a joy seeing her grow as an artist these last couple of weeks.
    Yes. I have liked her from the start, as well. Casey too.

While I've always liked Haley and her unique voice, she's slowly grown to be my favorite (after Paul of course). It seems my favorites always turn out to be the contestants that grow over the course of the show and, imo, Haley has done just that and far more than the remaining. I also love that she turned the unknown GaGa song and made me fall in love with it, especially the studio version. Shouldn't they all be doing this on AI, since that's what they'll eventually be doing anyway. I know most won't agree but I think the advice that Jimmy I gave her was smart. The top 4 really are all great in their own rights but at this point, unless she royally screws up, Haley will be getting my votes

YouTube - Haley Reinhart - You and I [Studio Recording]
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

+ Reply to Thread