+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 455
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

  1. #121
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Don't worry, everyone is predicting that my favorite, Jacob, will leave.
    ---
    ---
    Aww. Thanks for the support. I think Jacob actually did well enough last night and there is a good chance he could be safe this week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  2. #122
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Aww. Thanks for the support. I think Jacob actually did well enough last night and there is a good chance he could be safe this week.
    You're welcome. Actually, if Jacob survives, it will be a big upset at the FORT Prediction Game Thread.
    ---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-28-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

  3. #123
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I'm not sure whether youth is the reason for the lyric-connection problem. After all, Judy Garland could break people's hearts with her poignant singing at the age of 16. Barbra Streisand was emoting beautifully at 18. Michael Jackson could powerfully wrench the meaning out of a lyric at the age of 10. And don't get me started on "little Stevie" Wonder .

    You make a very good point, pillbeam. This crop of singers is young, but more than that, they lack life experience to really get the meaning of these songs. Maybe it's this generation. Back in Judy's time kids grew up fast. And we all know Michael had less than an idyllic childhood.

  4. #124
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I'm not sure whether youth is the reason for the lyric-connection problem. After all, Judy Garland could break people's hearts with her poignant singing at the age of 16. Barbra Streisand was emoting beautifully at 18. Michael Jackson could powerfully wrench the meaning out of a lyric at the age of 10. And don't get me started on "little Stevie" Wonder .
    I agree. Everyone matures differently. Just saying Haley seems, to me, that she needs more time in the public eye to develop a public personna and mature personally.


  5. #125
    Ruben is "Soulful" pillbeam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,115

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    You make a very good point, pillbeam. This crop of singers is young, but more than that, they lack life experience to really get the meaning of these songs. Maybe it's this generation. Back in Judy's time kids grew up fast. And we all know Michael had less than an idyllic childhood.
    I think you might have a point about the generation difference. But it's an artistic issue, not a hard-knocks-life one. Back in in Judy Garland's day, singers were trained to focus on the lyrics as opposed to the stage flash. That was true for Streisand and especially Stevie Wonder. I think Haley has seen Lady Gaga and decided stage flash trumps lyrical interpretation---but that's a foolish assumption on a lyric-driven show like American Idol.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-29-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

  6. #126
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,371

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    You're welcome. Actually, if Jacob survives, it will be a big upset at the FORT Prediction Game Thread.
    ---
    I don't know about the upset because I think just about all of us predicted Jacob. I know with Ryan and his "random order" I really screwed up this week.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  7. #127
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,823

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I don't know about the upset because I think just about all of us predicted Jacob. I know with Ryan and his "random order" I really screwed up this week.
    Me too, but I did make a comment on the prediction threat that there could be a surprise and someone besides Jacob could go home. Oh well, I ignored my instincts. (It was too late to edit my vote.)

  8. #128
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,371

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I think you might have a point about the generation difference. But it's an artistic issue, not a hard-knocks-life one. Back in in Judy Garland's day, singers were trained to focus on the lyrics as opposed to the stage flash. That was true for Streisand and especially Stevie Wonder. I think Haley has seen Lady Gaga and decided stage flash trumps lyrical interpretation---but that's a foolish assumption on a lyric-driven show like American Idol.
    Sadly, stage flash is what people seem to want these days.

    I'm really not seeing what people are panning Haley for though, because its more the norm on this show than the rare moments when someone does connect with a lyric. I can't honestly think of many times I've been moved by a performance on this show in any way. That doesn't mean I can't be entertained by it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  9. #129
    Me and my shadow Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Always together.
    Posts
    12,813

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Haley deserved the final spot last night. She looked beautiful (TM Steven Tyler) and her vocals were impressive. Will the fans respond with votes? Or is it too late in the season? Will Casey's voters give her a boost?
    Count your blessings!

  10. #130
    FORT Fogey TeacherLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Out in the boonies of NC
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Haley deserved the final spot last night. She looked beautiful (TM Steven Tyler) and her vocals were impressive. Will the fans respond with votes? Or is it too late in the season? Will Casey's voters give her a boost?
    I went from liking her from the beginning (even when everybody else seemed not to) to LOVING Haley.

    I tried to vote for her last night, and got in maybe 5. Mostly I got the busy message, which I hope is a good sign.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.