+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

I thought she did a great job last night and was the best vocalist behind James. I now have her as my favorite top two! Why others didn't care for her last night, I cannot understand. She knocked it out of the ballpark IMO and I have struggled to watch her for most of this season! I have changed my mind and think she was much better than Lauren IMO last night. I think she deserves to stay based on last night's performances.

I want to love Haley because of her amazing vocal talent, but I always feel like it's a cabaret performance without sincere heart.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I want to love Haley because of her amazing vocal talent, but I always feel like it's a cabaret performance without sincere heart.
    Yeah, I have had issues with her until recently, but last night she seemed to sing her heart out. I didn't like the duet, but her solo. She definitely needs coaching, but I do give her credit for fighting to stay in the competition and then doing so well right now.

I want Casey and Haley to stay in so they can continue their supposed romance.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I want Casey and Haley to stay in so they can continue their supposed romance.
    Young love. Isn't it so sweet! She sure does laugh a lot and shows so many teeth. Man, it's like the Osmonds. LOL

Haley was my favorite this entire season, but the song she decided to pick last night wasn't the best choice. It might be the reason she leaves tonight. I hope that she doesn't get eliminated though.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Haley was my favorite this entire season, but the song she decided to pick last night wasn't the best choice. It might be the reason she leaves tonight. I hope that she doesn't get eliminated though.
    Don't worry, everyone is predicting that my favorite, Jacob, will leave.
    ---
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I agree. She is young and has not lived enough to connect to the lyrics. That was clear when Jimmy told her to emphasize "get" last night. She is not comfortable with herself and there is no reason she should be at her age. That will come. Developing confidence and personality comes in time. Some get that as we see with James and Casey but she is.

Also in the clip they showed the other night with all of them immitating each other, no on could really come up with fun things to tease her about. We just don't really know her.

I'd rather Lauren leave than Jacob.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. She is young and has not lived enough to connect to the lyrics. That was clear when Jimmy told her to emphasize "get" last night. She is not comfortable with herself and there is no reason she should be at her age.

I'm not sure whether youth is the reason for the lyric-connection problem. After all, Judy Garland could break people's hearts with her poignant singing at the age of 16. Barbra Streisand was emoting beautifully at 18. Michael Jackson could powerfully wrench the meaning out of a lyric at the age of 10. And don't get me started on "little Stevie" Wonder .

+ Reply to Thread