+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

I do think that the judges could have been more constructive however I don't think that Casey was bad at all last week although will admit the Nirvana song wasn't a good choice. The problem was more that people wanted another "Georgia" type performance and he chose to do yet another upbeat song with growling. I think that he'll take the warning from the judges and being voted out/saved and pick better. I'm looking forward to it.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

TMZ reported that Casey had to have another blood transfusion Thursday morning (before he even knew he was to be eliminated). After that show that night, he began hyperventilating and collapsed in a hallway.

TMZ also noted the irony in the song Casey chose to sing Thursday night: I Don't Need No Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    TMZ reported that Casey had to have another blood transfusion Thursday morning (before he even knew he was to be eliminated). After that show that night, he began hyperventilating and collapsed in a hallway.
    He seems to be coping remarkably well. You never would have known anything was wrong during the show.

TMZ also noted the irony in the song Casey chose to sing Thursday night: I Don't Need No Doctor.

I thought about that when he started singing.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Thanks babbred! I promise I'll let you know if your shoes ever clash with your handbag but always in a constructive way!
    You're welcome! Now if only we could help the contestants, especially with their wardrobes.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Newbie

Looks like Casey tweeted that " tonight is the night I go bold " That could mean anything coming from an artist like Casey but I hope it means a he is going to do something soft. Would love to see him do something on the piano. Elton has/had a pretty flamboyant persona and I hope Casey does not fall in to that trap and do something outrageous

American Idol: Jennifer Lopez - Casey Abrams Saved : People.com

Jennifer Lopez: Why We Saved Idol's Casey Abrams

Viewers voted to eject Casey Abrams from American Idol last week, only to have the judges, in one tension-filled moment, fight back to use their one precious save to keep him.

But with adrenaline pumping and emotions running high, was that the right choice? Most definitely, insists Jennifer Lopez.

"It was crazy. And we knew that it was kind of a radical decision because it was so early in the season," the judge explained to Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio show Wednesday.

So Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson made the tough decision. "To be quite honest, there's been decisions that we've made or that I've thought about and I've made and I've pushed for that I thought, 'Oh God, did we do the right thing?' " Lopez said. "But that's one decision that I have not lost one ounce of sleep over. I just knew it was the right thing. Randy knew it was the right thing. Steven knew it was the right thing. This is one of our most dynamic performers. He's so interesting. He's so talented. I know it's crazy but we have to do it."

Even with the risks the judges are now out of saves for the rest of the season Lopez says the timing was perfect.

"I feel really good about that, too," she says. "Now, it's up to America. I really feel we've put 11 amazing contestants in front of them and now it's [a question of] who they're favorite is, who's going to be their American Idol. I feel really good about putting that in their hands."

And, Lopez tells Seacrest, she's relishing the drama of those moments.

"I've been having a ball with it," she says. "I love working with all you guys and it's just been a lot of fun. I didn't realize that I was going to fall in love with all the contestants the way I have and feel for them the way I do. It's just been a great, great experience for me."

Even one that she says was meant to be: "I've been watching at home for so long," she says, "but it's like this is where I'm supposed to be sitting."

Still, Lopez has a packed schedule coming up, including touring for her music, and won't nail down whether she'll be back next season. "We'll see," she says. "All of the prospects are exciting."
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Casey did an amazing job tonight. My opinion about him would have been different these last few weeks had he performed the same way he did tonight. He listened to the judges and showed why saving him was a great move.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I actually was very disappointed in Casey's performance last night. I was hoping he'd come out on stage with his bass, choose a lesser known Elton song, and do a "Georgia"-like treatment of it.

My impression was that he partially "talked" the lyrics. Not as badly as William Shatner did , but still...

I felt let down by Casey last night. He could have done so much more, IMHO.

I wasn't impressed either, I didn't really know what the judges were talking about. He was ok I guess but there was nothing special about his vocals or his performance imo. I am right there with you, TeacherLady, I was really hoping he would come out with the big bass and tear it up - remind us why we liked him so much during his audition and Hollywood.

I thought Casey did an excellent job last night of maintaining the integrity of the song while injecting his own phrasiing and musicality. It's a ballad with a story, and I liked very much how he "told" the story.
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread