+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

LuvThisStuf, you make an excellent point.

The ironic thing about the love-fest with the judges is that it gives the fans a false sense of security. Remember when Simon would be really critical about a bad performance, and the contestant really would deserve to leave that week? But his criticism would motivate the fans to vote and the contestant would, at worst, make bottom 3 and somebody else who did much better left. If the judges would have given out a little more tough-love after Casey's performance, maybe he wouldn't have ended up at the bottom to begin with. Not that that should be the reason for people to vote.

You're right Buckeye - people do tend to vote more when they think their favorite is in trouble. That might be why more people voted for a longer time when Simon dissed David Cook in the finale. I usually don't vote more than a minute or two, but not that night!

I just think the judges are skating through. If they thought Casey shouldn't have growled and used all those antics they should have told him after his performance, and not when he was on the verge of getting booted.

FORT Newbie

I would love to hear Casey do one of these Sir Elton's songs;

1- Someone Saved my Life Tonight
    2- Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
    3- Rocketman

I will be casting my first ever Idol vote this week. I am not ready to see this dude leave at this point

Quote Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
    I would love to hear Casey do one of these Sir Elton's songs;

1- Someone Saved my Life Tonight
    2- Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
    3- Rocketman

I will be casting my first ever Idol vote this week. I am not ready to see this dude leave at this point
    I don't want to see him leave either. He's got that spark that creates interest for me. With most of the other performers, you pretty know what you care going to get. They are extremely predictible. I don't see Casey as being that way.

What do you think he would look like clean shaven and with a serious hair cut?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not Casey!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    This is the reason for my beef with the judges this season. Don't get me wrong, I like Casey and think he's an amazing musician and I think Casey's save was well deserved, but these judges are so wrapped up in their love fest that they don't know how to give honest advice. I keep saying I miss Simon - not the nasty comments, but the calling out on indulgent performances (this season is mucho indulgent, IMO), and sub par karaoke singing when we know the contestant can offer much more.

So here's the perfect example of poor judging:

WinkyD posted this from 3/23 thread quoting the judges' comments after Casey performed. Hmmmmmmm.........anyone mention the cheesiness of the growling or give any constructive criticism? Nope. They did, however, offer him very good advice after they saved him Thursday night. Randy and JLo were all over themselves trying to tell him to just be himself, stop with the growling, etc. JLo: "Go back to being the musician that you are. No more antics, no more anything..." Randy: "You don't have to growl. Learn to connect with the audience." It wasn't a full blown, 127-point critique, but it was honest criticism and a little different from their love you-love you-you're-the-greatest, pablum.

Now I'm being indulgent but have you ever had a friend who was so sweet and told you you looked just fine in a new outfit, only to realize later that it really made your butt look huge? A really sweet person, but not very helpful. How about that friend who pulled you off to the side to tell you that your outfit made you look frumpy.....sting.....but if you tied your scarf this way it would help right now, but don't ever pair that skirt with that top again! The judges have to get over themselves and say some things that might not make them popular, but in the end they're actually helping the contestant. That's been bugging me all season. Sorry for the rant. Thanks. Just my .02 cents.
    I've always told my friends (and husband) that I would far rather them give me constructive criticism than let me make a fool of myself. Looks like we agree!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Thanks babbred! I promise I'll let you know if your shoes ever clash with your handbag but always in a constructive way!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't want to see him leave either. He's got that spark that creates interest for me. With most of the other performers, you pretty know what you care going to get. They are extremely predictible. I don't see Casey as being that way.

What do you think he would look like clean shaven and with a serious hair cut?
    That would make you a fan of Haley and to a certain extent, Naima, because they have unpredictability with songs on Haley and with the performance on Naima.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Ha Ha Ha - too funny!

+ Reply to Thread