+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

Haven't watched much this season at all and I've only caught a couple of his performances.
    However, I thought Smells Like Teen Spirit was just awful.
    Maybe I'm missing out on this guy's mystique, but I'm just not seeing why he appears to think he's so talented. Can anyone enlighten me?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I'm convinced that Casey is taking this competition as a joke. Seemed like he almost burst out into laughter the other night at the end of his performance. I just think it is all getting ridiculous. He's like Chris Sligh and Tim Urban all wrapped into one! And I am really disappointed because I liked him a lot in the beginning. I feel like he is messing around and Ashthon and Karen lost their "dream." And it kind of makes me dislike him more. I hope he starts being more serious about this because most of the others view this as a huge opportunity.
    I have liked him from the beginning, but your post does make me wonder. As I said in another thread, even when he was screaming his song this week, a song that was supposed to be about teenage rage and angst, it seemed from his facial expressions that he thought it was a joke. The whole performance just came off like a parody. I hope this isn't true. I hope he's just a very good-natured guy who doesn't get wound up by the stress of it all. I guess time will tell.

Karen and Ashton deserved to go, especially the latter. They were both mediocre singers and never really had a chance. If it hadn't of been this couple of weeks, it would have been soon, and certainly before the guys.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

With the abundant facial hair and the protruding lower incisors along with his howls and growls, Casey reminds me of a wolf...or maybe, in this case, Wolfman. When he gets all intense I cross my fingers that he isn't going to take a bite out of someone in the audience. Of course, that would make for great TV.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I loved his 'older' parents. I can see where he gets his sense of fun. Dad: "you studied jazz in Paris" "No I didn't'. :-)
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    With the abundant facial hair and the protruding lower incisors along with his howls and growls, Casey reminds me of a wolf...or maybe, in this case, Wolfman. When he gets all intense I cross my fingers that he isn't going to take a bite out of someone in the audience. Of course, that would make for great TV.
    In love it!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Casey = Taylor Hicks
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    And so, I propose that this week for Motown week, Casey sing Rick James' Super Freak.

FORT Fogey

I like Casey, but I don't think his style has translated to the big Hollywood stage. I think it will be a challenge for him down the road. I guess the good news is that I don't think there are any major standouts so maybe he has a chance at this thing.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I love Casey but Smells Like Teen Spirit is just an awful song. It's not one that is actually "sung". Great for karaoke

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Casey = Taylor Hicks
    I agree with you when it comes to their performance style, but I think Taylor is a better singer. But maybe I'm bias because Taylor was my favorite for that whole season.

+ Reply to Thread