+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    Colitis is more than just stress. It is an immune system disorder with a very strong genetic link. Stress is a factor that can set it off - just like stress can trigger a lot of things in our bodies, but ulcerative colitis is a lot bigger than "Casey getting stressed out". One thing we can't change is the DNA that we have inherited or autoimmune diseases.
    Thank you. I guess he's pretty brave, then, for trying to follow his dream despite his condition. If he still manages to knock it out of the ballpark tonight, then I'd say he's ready for the big time.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If you're getting repeated blood transfusions, how is your condition "under control"? This condition could lead to surgery....what a drag....and could lead to a bag.

Come back, Casey. Your fans are missing you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It really distrubs me that a lot of people *think* Casey should leave the competition because of his condition (And because it isnt fair to the producers?). If he fails to perform he will automatically be in the bottom 3..and I think they have taken into consideration he may be forced to leave. Should we penalize amazing entertainers because of something they have no control over? Thank goodness we haven't all used this disgusting approach, for a musical example I'm thinking Stevie Wonder. I can hear it now: "sorry man, but in case you havent noticed your blind and its requires us to make a few alterations since you arent 100% independent and ready to go all the time because of something you have no control over...and yes, you can sing, but its not fair to the people behind the scenes to work around something like this..too bad."

Seriously?

Casey is one of my favorites this season. However, I really hated his performance this week. That is one of my favorite songs and he screamed through the whole thing. When Adam Lambert screams it sounds beautiful when Casey screams my ears bleed.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

I'm convinced that Casey is taking this competition as a joke. Seemed like he almost burst out into laughter the other night at the end of his performance. I just think it is all getting ridiculous. He's like Chris Sligh and Tim Urban all wrapped into one! And I am really disappointed because I liked him a lot in the beginning. I feel like he is messing around and Ashthon and Karen lost their "dream." And it kind of makes me dislike him more. I hope he starts being more serious about this because most of the others view this as a huge opportunity.

FORT Newbie

I think Casey is a talented musician and will have a great and respected future in music. He is musically versatile and a is good performer and that's what will sustain his career. Casey is one of those rare musician's musician.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I'm convinced that Casey is taking this competition as a joke. Seemed like he almost burst out into laughter the other night at the end of his performance. I just think it is all getting ridiculous. He's like Chris Sligh and Tim Urban all wrapped into one! And I am really disappointed because I liked him a lot in the beginning. I feel like he is messing around and Ashthon and Karen lost their "dream." And it kind of makes me dislike him more. I hope he starts being more serious about this because most of the others view this as a huge opportunity.

Good Post and I agree with you. I thought he had the potential to be another David Cook. What I mean by that is David could take any song and make it unique to fit his style. If Casey had that same type of focus he might be able to reach the same success.

What will also be something to watch for is if Casey peeked too early.

I have a feeling he is already a lock to be in the F3. Which is always a turn off to me.

I base my votes on a week by week basis.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

I don't think he is taking it as a joke at all. If he "appears" to be calm and laughing on the outside, he must not be if his innards are acting up the way they have.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Maybe Casey is just trying not to let it get to him. He already has health issues. Letting the competition eat him up can't help. I just noticed you said just about the same thing, ibot2much.

Regardless of whether or not Casey is serious, I don't think either Ashthon or Karen would have fared better if there was another guy in his place who was intensely serious.

FORT Newbie

I have the utmost respect for Casey's skills. Ulcerative colitis has no cure. As someone with Crohns colitis(very similar) you just have to manage it better. I was in and out of the hospital,transfusions and all until I seriously learned to eat better. Casey may have to cut out a lot of favourite meals and I am not sure he is getting the diet he should at the mansion. Casey I am pulling for you. You are an example that life can and will go on for those afflicted with this scourge plus it is time a musician won this thing.

+ Reply to Thread