+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

Looks like Casey was released from the hospital Sunday and will be in Wednesday's show. He only has 2 days to prepare, though!

'American Idol' contender Casey Abrams released from the hospital - National TV | Examiner.com

'American Idol' contender Casey Abrams released from the hospital
    By Matt Carter, TV Examiner
    March 14th, 2011 11:49 am ET

Good news for fans of Casey Abrams -- after taking plenty of time to recover in the hospital this weekend following a blood transfusion, one of the favorites from this season of "American Idol" is now out of the hospital for the second time this season.

The news was confirmed Sunday by show executive producer Nigel Lythgoe on his Twitter account:

"Casey came out of hospital this afternoon. I hope he doesn't have to go back? Send positive thoughts! Thank you."

There's no doubt that Casey may very well have one of the most difficult challenges of all this week, as he only has two short days to work with Jimmy Iovine and the rest of the show's crew to ready a song for Wednesday's episode. Details have been pretty hard to come by as to the theme, but generally at this point in the competition it tends to be pretty far-reaching.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: 'American Idol' contender Casey Abrams released from the hospital - National TV | Examiner.com 'American Idol' contender Casey Abrams released from the hospital - National TV | Examiner.com

Thanks so much for the info! I am glad to hear that he'll be in the show this week and I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

This can't be making it any easier for him. That really stinks!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Missed last weeks show due to the Dish Network - LIN Media dispute. Was hoping to hear that Casey was okay now. Wishing him the best.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I really like Casey, but the fact that stress gets to him to that degree is not good for somebody looking for an entertainment career.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I really like Casey, but the fact that stress gets to him to that degree is not good for somebody looking for an entertainment career.
    I sadly have to agree. And being on this show too.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I'm glad you said that, because I was thinking it. I love him and all, but how fair is this to keep the producers hanging, not knowing if you're going to be in the show? Is this going to happen every week?

And yeah, that was my initial thought, too. If this happens while simply participating in a singing contest, then how in the world can you handle an even more stressful performing career?

Is there any way to fix or even manage this? A surgery or some sort of medicine? I'm just curious because I've never heard of this condition before. If not, then how do the poor people with this condition survive? I mean, you can't go through life with no stress. I'd be interested to learn more about this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Colitis is more than just stress. It is an immune system disorder with a very strong genetic link. Stress is a factor that can set it off - just like stress can trigger a lot of things in our bodies, but ulcerative colitis is a lot bigger than "Casey getting stressed out". One thing we can't change is the DNA that we have inherited or autoimmune diseases.

Here is a tweet Casey sent out on his official AI10 twitter account:

I hope this is true because I would hate to see him have to leave the competition.

Casey is my favorite in Season 10. It is too bad that he has this chronic condition at age 20.

+ Reply to Thread